The visit will be made at the invitation of Lord Speaker of the House of Lords John McFall and Speaker of the House of Commons Lindsay Hoyle.
The parliaments of Vietnam and the U.K. have recorded cooperation strides in the recent past.
They have maintained delegation exchanges at all levels, including the visits by Vietnam's N.A. Chairman Nong Duc Manh in 1994, Nguyen Van An in March 2005 and Nguyen Sinh Hung in December 2011, and the trip by Deputy Speaker of the U.K. House of Commons Eleanor Laing in October 2016.
The two sides have also frequently held mutual visits between their parliaments' committees, and by the British All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Vietnam and the Vietnam – U.K. Parliamentary Friendship Group.
Most recently, an N.A. delegation led by Chairman of the Committee for Science, Technology and the Environment Le Quang Huy attended the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)'s pre-COP26 parliamentary meeting and met with the head of the British parliamentary delegation there. On October 2020, the Communist Party of Vietnam and the APPG held the first virtual dialogue on cooperation for developing a post-COVID-19 green economy.
Both sides have also maintained contact and consultation at multilateral parliamentary forums, particularly the IPU and the Asia – Europe Parliamentary Partnership (ASEP) meetings.
The fruitful cooperation between the two parliaments is believed to be an important factor in fostering the Vietnam – U.K. strategic partnership.
Vu Hai Ha, Chairman of the N.A.'s Committee for External Relations, said the visit by the high-ranking N.A. delegation led by Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue aims to continue implementing the foreign policy set at the 13th National Party Congress, intensify bilateral cooperation, strengthen mutual trust with partner countries, and affirm the importance Vietnam attaches to the strategic partnership with the U.K.
It also looks to promote the implementation of the U.K. – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (UKVFTA) and create a new impulse for the countries' relations in politics – diplomacy, economy – trade, security – defence, education – training, climate change response, and other potential areas.
The delegation's meetings with officials, enterprises, and the Vietnamese community in the U.K. are also hoped to help attract more resources for post-pandemic socio-economic recovery and development, Ha noted.
He added as part of the visit, a forum on educational cooperation will also be held with the participation of leading universities, businesses, and organisations from both countries in order to bolster collaboration in education – training, particularly training high-quality human resources to help with Vietnam's development and international integration.
For his part, U.K. Ambassador to Vietnam Gareth Ward said the countries' strategic partnership is solid, and much room remains for them to expand ties.
He added that the visit by Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue will help fuel parliamentary cooperation.
- Vietnamese President’s visit reflects Laos-Vietnam unique ties: Lao FM
- Top priority given to enhancing special Vietnam-Laos ties: Leaders
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc leaves for official visit to Laos
- Vietnam president arrives in Laos for official visit
- President’s official visit affirms special attention to promoting Vietnam-Laos special relationship
- President meets with PM, visits former Party, State leaders of Laos
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 9
- Vietnam President’s visit deepens special ties with Laos
- Former US Ambassador: "Harris trip can accelerate the progress Vietnam and the US have already made”
- Laos treasures ties with Vietnam: Laos deputy PM
- U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris To Visit Asia As Fallout Mounts From Afghanistan Crisis
- PM Morrison gifted Trump picture of himself on US visit
- PM Lee Hsien Loong congratulates new Malaysian premier Ismail Sabri Yaakob, reaffirms deep ties between both nations
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 21
- President’s visit affirms special attention to fostering ties with Laos
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 22
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 20
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 8
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 16
- Kamala Harris visits South-East Asia to deepen ties, counter China's influence
Official visit by N.A. leader to reinforce Vietnam - U.K. parliamentary ties have 639 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.