|NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue met with Prudential's leaders, led by chairwoman Shriti Vadera, Mark FitzPatrick, Interim Group CEO, and Phuong Tien Minh, CEO of Prudential Vietnam, during his official visit to the UK. Source: VNA/VNS Photo: Doan Tan|
Prudential has put its focus on building a resilient business to provide the best services to customers. Insurers like Prudential play an important role in developing innovative savings and protection products to meet Vietnam's evolving needs while strengthening and deepening its capital markets and harnessing new technology to increase financial inclusion.
Shriti Vadera, chair of Prudential said, "The world still faces significant economic headwinds, but we are optimistic about the year ahead – and I know the same is true of the Vietnamese economy, with the very robust 5-per-cent growth figures for the first quarter of 2022, given the wider conditions.”
Talking to Prudential chairwoman Vadera, the NA0 leader congratulated the group on its global success, expressing his hope that it will continue operating successfully in the country and fulfil its social responsibility.
He asserted that the Vietnamese government and the NA are ready to consider and deal with the problems facing businesses, including those from the UK, when operating in Vietnam.
|Vadera said Prudential is delighted to be part of the country's development, and it can help with this process by issuing long-term bonds. Source: VNA/VNS Photo: Doan Tan|
Prudential demonstrates its commitment to working with the government through three key initiatives: Green finance, insurtech, and helping Ho Chi Minh City to become an international financial hub.
Following the Vietnamese government’s commitment to reach a net-zero emission by 2050, Prudential focuses its support towards a just and inclusive transition to green finance.
As a substantial investor in Vietnam's domestic capital markets, Prudential is in a strategic position to manoeuvre in green finance. To further support the financing of renewable energy and the development of social and green bonds in Vietnam, greater depth of rating agencies and breadth of coverage would be the important next steps. These can help Vietnam to get closer to its net zero targets and further establish the country as a regional leader in green finance.
As a leading insurance player in the market, Prudential leverages digitalisation as an enabler in providing customers with innovative products, distribution, and servicing models. The Pulse application, Prudential's health and wellness platform, has shown how technology and insurance are a perfect match in providing new and innovative services to the masses.
Although insurtech for life insurance is still in its infancy, a collaboration between relevant authorities and the industry can bring new and interesting solutions that would benefit the Vietnamese people.
Prudential also expresses its commitment to Vietnam as one of the key strategic markets in Asia. Prudential has significant experience in operating life and asset management companies in various mature and emerging markets under various policy frameworks.
The company has actively leveraged this valuable knowledge to share and advise governments and other stakeholders in various policy development settings.
By Mai Dang
- Vietnam attaches special importance to traditional ties with Mozambique: NA Chairman
- NA Chairman asks for positive and clear changes in issues raised in Q&A session
- NA Chairman urges Q&A session to keep close to reality
- Vietnam - New Zealand cooperation highly effective, practical: NA leader
- NA leader urges prompt implementation of fiscal, monetary policies to aid recovery
- Minister proposes solutions for agriculture at NA’s hearing session
- NA’s Committee for Foreign Affairs makes outstanding performance
- NA Standing Committee discusses implementation of support package
- NA Standing Committee discusses implementation of support package for socio-economic recovery
- Mozambican Assembly President arrives in Hanoi for official visit
- Banking, transport issues raised at NA’s hearing session on June 9
- 1st Mozambique Parliament Speaker visits Vietnam for multisectoral ties
- Vietnam - UK Network hold annual activity at British upper house
- Mozambican Assembly President’s visit to foster Vietnam- Mozambique traditional ties
- High-ranking delegation of HCMC visits India
- New Zealand Ambassador visits Binh Dinh
- Boris Johnson to meet Donald Trump three times in first 100 days in office as US president praises him
- Vietnam attaches special importance to traditional ties with Mozambique: N.A. Chairman
- Prime Minister visits, offer gifts to disadvantaged workers in Bac Giang
- Brexit LIVE: Remoaners humiliated as UK exports to EU soar to record high after bloc exit
NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue meets with Prudential’s leaders during UK visit have 711 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.