London (VNA) – National Assembly (NA) Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue arrived at Heathrow Airport in London on June 28 (local time), beginning his three-day official visit to the UK at the invitations of Speaker of the UK House of Lords John McFall and Speaker of the House of Commons of the UK Lindsay Hoyle.
The visit aims to maintain and deepen the cooperative relations between the two countries and affirm the importance Vietnam attaches to the Vietnam – UK Strategic Partnership.
Through meetings and working sessions with the UK's authorities, businesses and the Vietnamese community in the UK, Vietnam expects to attract more resources serving its post-pandemic socio-economic development.
During his visit, NA Chairman Hue will hold talks with McFall and Hoyle, and have meetings with other high-ranking officials of the UK government and parliament; and representatives from the business community and major economic, finance and education corporations of the European nation.
The visit is expected to contribute to further strengthening the Vietnam-UK Strategic Partnership in various fields and at all levels, promoting cooperation between the two countries' legislative bodies; and expanding cooperation in potential fields such economy, trade – investment, finance – banking, health care, education – training, defence – security, climate change adaptation, aviation, pharmaceuticals, and renewable energy in line with the Joint Declaration on the Vietnam – UK Strategic Partnership.
The focus of the visit is to promote bilateral economic and trade cooperation, and speed up the development of legal policies for economic cooperation between the two countries through the parliamentary channel, towards effectively implementing the UK-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (UKVFTA).
Notably, a seminar on educational cooperation will be held with the participation of representatives from leading universities, corporations, educational organisations of both sides in order to seek ways for further strengthening cooperation in education and training between the two countries.
Right after his arrival, the Vietnamese top legislator had a meeting with officials and staff from the Vietnamese Embassy, and representatives of the Vietnamese community in the UK.
He suggested Vietnamese associations and organisations in the UK continue to play an important role in building an increasingly stable and developing community, becoming a solid bridge for the Vietnam- Vietnam strategic partnership.
The legislator expressed his hope that the network of Vietnamese experts and intellectuals in the UK will continue to closely connect with the homeland, contributing valuable knowledge and human resources to the country./.
- With 0.15% Of The Entire UK Population Behind Bars, Could Restorative Justice Be The Answer?
- Foreign Students Wishing to Study in the UK
- Poor Credit Unsecured Home Loan UK - Ensures to Get Funds For Home
- When is a Good Time to Visit Barcelona?
- MLM UK - How to Get Your Audience to Lean Forward and Instantly Pay Attention
- Study in the UK
- Plan For College - Seven Steps to Customizing Your College Campus Visit
- Help with Choosing Your Home Loan UK
- 5 Travel Exhibitions Worth Attending in the UK
- Corvette - A Brief History of the Beginnings of a Legendary Sports Car
- Need To Revive Preaching In The UK
- The key players in the UK’s hunt for a Brexit deal
- EU: Brexit deal in sight but UK must still do more
- UK Mortgage Round-Up - Week 16
- London England, UK - Visitor Attractions Guide
- Manchester - Gay Capital of The UK
- Great Castles to Visit With Your Group
- Booking Your Vacation - Why Not Visit The Beautiful Country Of Northern Cyprus
- A Visit to Bardstown KY - Bourbon Capital of the World - 5 Things You Must Do
- Breastfeeding Awareness Week in the UK
NA Chairman begins official visit to UK have 612 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.