– The Party Central Committee's Inspection Commission issued a disciplinary warning against the Standing Board of the Party Committee of the Vietnam National Coal – Mineral Industries Group (Vinacomin) for the 2015-2020 and 2020-2025 tenures, during its 16th meeting that took place from June 20-22.
The commission concluded that the board violated the principle of democratic centralism and working regulations, and showed a lack of responsibility along with lax leadership and supervision, letting the Council of Members and some individuals violate Party regulations and the State's laws on production, business and investment. Read full story
Son highly valued remarkable developments in cooperation between the two countries over the past three decades in politics, diplomacy, economy and trade, saying they have maintained delegation exchanges and mutual support at international forums, and in natural disaster response and the COVID-19 fight. Read full story
– The Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union (HCYU) Central Committee and the Communist Youth League of China (CYLC) Central Committee on June 22 jointly organised the Vietnam-China Youth Friendship Exchange Programme 2022.
Opening the programme, member of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) Central Committee and First Secretary of the HCYU Central Committee Nguyen Anh Tuan held talks with alternate member of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and First Secretary of CYLC Central Committee He Junke. Read full story
– The People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City held a ceremony on June 22 to mark the 55th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties between Vietnam and Cambodia.
Addressing the event, Phan Van Mai, Chairman of the municipal People's Committee, reviewed the arduous struggles for independence, freedom and national reunification of the Vietnamese and Cambodian armies and people. Read full story
– The Vietnamese Government is willing to create favourable conditions for foreign enterprises, including those from the Republic of Korea (RoK), to expand investment and business in Vietnam, Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh told Chairman of Daewoo E&C Group Jung Won-ju.
During a reception for Jung on June 22, the Vietnamese leader expressed his belief that the two countries’ relations will continue to develop more intensively and substantively in various fields, especially trade and investment.
– The Singapore-based United Overseas Bank (UOB) has maintained its forecast for Vietnam's GDP growth at 6.5 percent and core inflation rate at 3.7 percent of core inflation rate in 2022, but predicted that inflation may reach 5 percent in 2023 due to multiple risks and challenges.
In a recent report, the UOB noted that Vietnam continued its development trend in the second quarter of 2022. In the first six months of this year, the production sector recorded a 9.24 percent rise year-on-year. Read full story
– The People's Court of Hanoi on June 22 lowered the prison sentence for former Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung in a case related to the purchase of Redoxy-3C to treat polluted lakes in the city.
Accordingly, Chung received a jail term of only five years instead of eight years declared at the first-instance trial after the court considered his work and fulfilment of all compensations. Read full story
– A workshop was held in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho on June 22 to discuss ways to promote links and share experience to raise the value of Vietnamese rice in the international market.
The event gathered representatives from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Mekong Delta Rice Research Institute, enterprises operating in processing and rice exports, and market experts and researchers./. Read full story
- Coronavirus digest: First Tokyo Olympics event postponed in Japan
- Gough Whitlam dies aged 98; former PM remembered as 'giant' of Australian politics
- Brexit deal is DONE: Boris Johnson SEALS historic Brexit deal with EU as UK claims to have won TWICE as many concessions as Brussels and von der Leyen laments 'parting is such sweet sorrow'
- 'I Have a Dream' and 99 Other Groundbreaking 20th Century Speeches
- What Winter Was Like the Year You Were Born
- Bangladesh v England - day two as it happened
- Tour operator Tucan Travel which specialised in trips to South America collapses into administration after 33 years due to Covid pandemic
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 3
- The last plane out of Dubai! Influencers race to get leave UAE before flights are BANNED at 1pm and returning Britons are forced to isolate for 10 days on arrival amid furious row over Priti Patel's 'shambolic' holiday ban
- Will April 7 be the day Britain vaccinates its way out of lockdown? UK is on course to finish injecting all over-50s on that day – but it could be much SOONER and there are ALREADY hints that Covid vaccine is working in elderly
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 4
- Is YOUR area close to moving onto the next stage of the Covid vaccine rollout? How rates of over-70s jabbed is FOUR TIMES higher in South East London than Devon - and parts of the country have dished out 232 times more second doses
- EXCLUSIVE: Meet Roaring Kitty - the stock picking wizard who sparked buying frenzy by tipping GameStop shares on Reddit: Boston suburban dad with $650,000 home emerges as the man who cost Wall Street billions
- Robinhood starts SELLING users' shares without permission: Trading platform is hit with massive class-action after restricting trades on stocks including GameStop, Nokia, AMC and Blackberry
- Nadhim Zahawi says AstraZeneca is 'confident' its vaccine prevents serious illness caused by South African strain after study of 2,000 patients found some got mild or moderate symptoms – as he reveals roll-out almost hit 1,000 jabs EVERY MINUTE
- Isle of Man braces for 'freedom weekend' blowout with crowds set to descend on island's pubs and bars after lockdown rules were lifted - as police warn revellers not too 'drink too much' and do something 'you'll regret'
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 28
- Wish you were here? Isle of Man lifts ALL lockdown rules as pubs, schools and shops reopen with social distancing and face masks scrapped after 25-day circuit breaker - but borders remain shut
- 'I could stare at his little face all day long': Dani Dyer shares sweet new photo of her baby boy after giving birth to her first child with boyfriend Sammy Kimmence
- 'China is angry... we will be the enemy': Beijing launches its most extraordinary attack yet on Australia and issues a bizarre list of 14 'grievances' - but PM vows not to back down or apologise
☀️ Morning digest on June 23 have 1123 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.