Liverpool are targeting a second summer transfer deal this week (Image: GETTY)
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Liverpool remain in contact over a deal for Aberdeen full-back Calvin Ramsay, who they will look to make their second signing of a busy summer. The Reds are continuing to spin several plates after already wrapping up a deal for Fulham youngster Fabio Carvalho.
Liverpool are also juggling negotiations with Bayern Munich over the future of Sadio Mane.
The Senegal international was the subject of an opening offer from the Bavarians in recent days but the bid – worth £21m plus £4m in add-ons – was turned away by Liverpool.
Bayern are expected to return with a second offer in the coming days but in the background, Liverpool are working on another signing.
According to Fabrizio Romano , contacts are ongoing behind the scenes for Scotland youngster Ramsay.
Calvin Ramsay is wanted by Liverpool in a £4m deal from Aberdeen (Image: GETTY)
He tweeted: “Contacts are still ongoing between Liverpool and Calvin Ramsay’s camp. He’s considered an opportunity, still waiting to progress in talks with Aberdeen.
“Ramsay would be more than happy to join Liverpool, up to the clubs.”
The Times are also reporting that Liverpool are looking to wrap up a deal this week.
The 18-year-old right-back would be expected to provide cover for Trent Alexander-Arnold.
DON’T MISS Liverpool ‘prepared to sacrifice 10-goal attacker’ in swap deal for Leeds star Raphinha Liverpool star Mohamed Salah ‘wants Premier League transfer’ if he fails to sign new deal Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp ‘told target he was Sadio Mane successor’ in Melwood meeting
His arrival could also spell the end of Neco Williams’ time at Anfield following an impressive loan spell with Fulham.
The Cottagers are yet to return for the Wales international, who helped his country qualify for the World Cup in Qatar on Sunday with victory over Ukraine.
Liverpool would be looking for around £10m in order to agree to a deal.
The Champions League finalists are expected to open the bidding for Ramsay in due course.
An offer of around £4m is expected from the Reds and Aberdeen are ready to sell in order to overhaul their squad.
Ramsay played 24 times in the Scottish Premiership last season, scoring one goal.
Bologna and Leeds have also shown interest but Ramsay now looks set to complete his dream switch to Anfield.
The potential signing would be one for the future, although first-team opportunities could await Ramsay next season.
- Brentford boss Thomas Frank speaks out on 'crazy' Christian Eriksen transfer talks
- Liverpool 'looking at January market' with two forwards well liked but deals 'complicated'
- Michael Edwards can solve Liverpool's biggest problem with perfect £6m transfer this month
- Newcastle make breakthrough in Kieran Trippier transfer talks with Atletico Madrid
- Five players Liverpool can afford and could sign in January transfer window
- Charlie Nicholas hails ‘class’ Arsenal summer signing Aaron Ramsdale and sends Alexandre Lacazette message to Mikel Arteta
- Three forwards who can be Liverpool's 'next Diogo Jota' as January transfer plans emerge
- Tottenham boss Antonio Conte reveals Son Heung-min injury blow as transfer talks 'opened'
- Aston Villa and Everton 'discuss second deal' during Lucas Digne transfer talks
- Arsenal make 'breakthrough' in Arthur transfer talks with final obstacle to overcome
- Transfer Talk: Anthony Martial wants to leave Manchester United but what does the future hold for the forward?
- The Transfer Talk podcast on Dusan Vlahovic and what he might bring to Arsenal if they can sign him in January
- Liverpool fans fume after latest update on transfers and blame club for 'false hope'
- Newcastle 'talks ongoing' for second striker signing after agreeing £25m Chris Wood deal
- Arsenal chief Edu opens transfer talks with Lyon over midfield target 'he loves'
- Liverpool ready to offer Barcelona wonderkid Gavi FIFTY times his current wage to seal £80k-a-week transfer
- Aston Villa set to make second January signing before completing Lucas Digne transfer
- Dortmund hope Haaland’s special perks and £325k-a-week offer will convince him to stay in transfer talks this week
- Newcastle could sign their own Mo Salah with transfer talks already underway
- Romelu Lukaku could look to quit Chelsea for Tottenham transfer to reunite with Conte after saying he is ‘unhappy’
Liverpool 'looking to wrap up second summer signing this week' with transfer talks ongoing have 811 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.