In the digital technology era, data analysis has become one of the leading technologies, capable of changing many aspects of the world, especially in the business field.
Therefore, taking advantage of new technology to improve the competitiveness of enterprises is essential for future growth. However, not all businesses know how to process available data into useful information, delegates told the first Vietnam Data Summit held in HCM City on June 24.
Lam Nguyen Hai Long, president of the HCM City Computer Association, said, according to statistics at Internet Day 2021, Viet Nam is among the Top 20 countries with the highest number of Internet users in the world. Internet penetration in Viet Nam stands at 70.3 per cent compared to 51.4 per cent on average in the world. Therefore, Viet Nam is considered to be the most promising Big Data market in Asia.
"However, the exploitation of Big Data in the country is still not commensurate with its potential,” Long said.
"Once firms make the most of data, they will have greater chances for success," he said.
Companies that have started treating information as an asset would have a competitive advantage, he added.
Truong Ba Toan, country general manager of Western Digital Viet Nam, said, "digital transformation plays an important role in the development of a country and a business. Among the five most important factors in digital transformation are data and analytics. When data is unlocked and properly exploited, it will help businesses make breakthrough developments."
Vo Thi Trung Trinh, deputy director of the HCM City Department of Information and Communications, said the city had identified promoting an all-round digital transformation as one of the most important tasks to develop the local economy.
It was focusing on building shared and open databases and linking all databases related to governance, she said.
She expected the business community to share ideas to help the city use and apply data more efficiently.
Toni Kristian Eliasz, senior digital development specialist at the World Bank, said government support was increasingly crucial in enabling the digital transformation.
"Harnessing data for value creation will require enabling data sharing, transparency, privacy and dynamic digital markets.
"Data sharing remains limited due to legal, technical and institutional challenges. Compared to peers, Viet Nam has been able to develop a reasonable cybersecurity response to minimise risks but there are concerns about privacy protection and having a too restrictive environment for digital businesses," he said.
According to Albert Antoine, CEO of Avaiga, data is everywhere, and it is exploding.
Every interaction in the digital world generates massive data that can provide insights and inform better, faster decision-making for organisations and businesses.
However, not many firms know how to extract value from their data sources.
To capture value from data, businesses need to clean, combine, and prepare internal and external sources with an infrastructure tailored to their needs.
They need to foster collaboration among all profiles, from data science to business users and be conversant in the language of data, while also ensuring transparency and proper governance.
Organised by HCA and Western Digital Viet Nam, the summit also discussed building a data processing team for businesses, and case studies from businesses that have successfully exploited their data pool.
It also featured a 'Data Room' where experts can provide SMEs and individuals with free consultancy on building a data culture, how to utilise data to drive digital transformation, data processing, and human resource development. — VNS
- Q&A: Education data suggests top 10 state is possible
- For rookie manager Rocco Baldelli, communication is the key to success
- Cornerstone Technologies, a Sonasoft (SSFT) Company, Announces Partnership with Trusted Data Solutions
- Progenics Pharmaceuticals Announces Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2018 Financial Results and Business Update
- Groundbreaking Smart Home Campaign Sets New Standards for Success and Garners Major Broadband Marketing Award
- Daily Business Report-April 15, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Organovo Affirms Key Clinical Development Goals; Company Reports Fiscal Third-Quarter 2019 Results
- How will edge computing and micro data centres change cloud computing investment strategies
- MYnd Analytics Provides Business Update
- Daily Business Report-Feb. 21, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- New digital regulations could harm Illinois small businesses, including mine
- 3M opens multimillion-dollar consumer data lab on Maplewood campus
- Celsion Announces GEN-1 Data Presentation at ASCO-SITC Clinical Immuno-Oncology Symposium
- Marketify says that Diversity in Services is the key to Digital Marketing Success
- ERYTECH Provides Business Update and Reports Financial Results for Full Year 2018
- Hemp, Inc.’s 1st West Coast Hemp University is a Huge Success
- Rubius Therapeutics Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2018 Financial Results with Business Updates
- Celyad Reports Business Update and Full Year 2018 Financial and Operating Results
- Bassett Announces Fiscal First Quarter Results and Exit of Juvenile Line of Business
- Intercept Reports Additional Positive Data from REGENERATE, the First Successful Phase 3 Study in NASH
Data use key for business success have 798 words, post on bizhub.vn at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.