|Trade promotion plays a key role for the dairy sector|
How has the dairy sector recovered from the pandemic?
Despite the prolonged pandemic, the domestic dairy market still reached VND113.7 trillion in revenues in 2020 and VND119.3 trillion in 2021. The country produced about 1.77 billion liters of fresh milk in 2021, up 4.5 percent compared to 2020, while powdered milk volume saw positive growth of 13.1 percent year-on-year to 151,500 tonnes.
Vietnamese dairy businesses have strengthened trade promotion activities and sought export markets. Currently, Vietnamese dairy products are available in 50 countries and territories. In 2021, the sector had a turnover of nearly US$300 million. Milk is a special product and export markets always put quality at the top. Therefore, Vietnam's milk and dairy product exports to foreign markets are considered a great success.
|Tran Van Trung, chairman of the Vietnam Dairy Association|
What are the opportunities for the dairy sector?
The Vietnamese dairy sector has achieved success in recent times. In addition to their efforts, we need to underline great support and efforts of ministries and departments, especially the Ministry of Industry and Trade in connecting markets and strengthening trade promotion activities. During the post-pandemic period, the dairy sector is making efforts to contribute to the recovery of the local economy. Its strategy is to gradually develop in a modern and synchronous direction in terms of raw materials, production and finished products, in addition to applying digital transformation in production, improving competitiveness to integrate more deeply into the regional and the global economy and meeting growing consumer demand.
The dairy sector is pinning high hopes on free trade agreements to which Vietnam is a signatory in order to maintain and expand exports. Free trade agreements are considered an important driving force of the dairy sector, contributing to bringing Vietnam's milk and dairy products to the world. Businesses are willing to receive more support from ministries and departments, especially the Ministry of Industry and Trade, in order to take advantage of opportunities provided by free trade agreements.
How do you view the role of trade promotion for the dairy sector?
Trade promotion plays a key role for every sector. During the pandemic, trade promotion activities were maintained on digital platforms, helping businesses connect with partners, save costs and increase efficiency. In the recovery and development period, the dairy sector will strengthen both online and on-site trade promotion activities at home and abroad.
The Vietnam Dairy Association organized the third Vietnam International Milk and Dairy Products Exhibition (Vietnam Dairy 2022), helping businesses find new partners, expand markets and enhance cooperation in trade, investment and science and technology to improve their competitiveness towards sustainable development. The exhibition gathered 200 businesses, including many reputable domestic and international firms.
- 2018 in review: A year of records for Vietnamese export sector
- 60 days to save the British family farm: Tories rebel as Trade Secretary Liz Truss 'plots to betray UK farmers' for Trump deal that could see stores flooded with sub-standard imports
- Australia's trade minister urges China to return his call after he was forced to leave a voicemail amid escalating tensions between the two nations and fears of looming trade war
- Impact of Covid-19 on trade and development in EAC
- 'US-China trade war noise likely to be high given US elections this year'
- MoIT to help local firms cope with trade remedies
- Vietnam to help local firms cope with trade remedies
- Why China NEEDS us: Economist claims Beijing's 80 per cent barley tariff is just 'posturing' and WON'T start a $135 billion trade war as it 'can't do without' our iron ore and food
- US-led trade network could strengthen Vietnam’s place in global supply chains
- Fears of global trade war with China after Beijing slaps 80 per cent tariff on Australian exports starting TODAY as brutal payback over country's call for coronavirus inquiry backed by 100 nations including the UK
- Feature: Turkey's dairy exports to China boon for producers, economy
- What does the biggest free trade deal in history mean for the environment?
- 3rd instalment of the stimulus package: Sitharaman rolled out reforms for the farm sector
- Don't let the US-China trade deal fall victim to coronavirus tensions
- View: Opportunities India should leverage to make it a global post-Covid model economy
- Donald Trump tried to kill trade. Covid-19 just might succeed
- Trade minister tells wine and cheese exporters not to give China an excuse to ban their products in case they are targeted next after four beef suppliers were blacklisted
- State-run cryptocurrency offers many opportunities
- Agricultural sector keen to capitalise on EVFTA opportunities
- Upset over rising trade deficit with China, India thinks of new strikes
Dairy sector milks trade agreements for greater opportunities have 744 words, post on ven.vn at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.