The black-and-white photos capture Minh's impression of the people, rhythms of life and unique cultural features of Hanoi. Readers will feel his sense of humor through his unique perspectives and witty captions accompanying each photo.
Minh returned to live in the capital city a year and a half ago and has since taken more photos of local life.
The photos in the book were taken entirely with Minh’s iPhone. The book is available in three languages, Vietnamese, English and Italian, with writer Paola Boncompagni doing the Italian translation.
Minh is a Vietnamese-American who served as a diplomat for the United Nations. He used to work in Madagascar, Bhutan, Nepal, Siri Lanka, Madrid, Myanmar, and Laos. He currently lives in Hanoi.
All proceeds from Hanoi Hanoi will be presented to Agent Orange/dioxin victims in Vietnam./.
- Dazzling mural painting village in Hanoi
- Escaped killer Shaun Walmsley captured by armed cops after 18-monts on-the-run
- 14 life lessons for millennials from people aged over 50
- Three months after ouster, Mariano Rajoy seems happy with life in the slow lane
- How Vietnam hero John McCain REFUSED to be released before pals and endured five years of torture in Hanoi Hilton
- Who was Senator John McCain? Former US Presidential candidate and Vietnam veteran who survived capture and torture
- John McCain: A life in pictures
- POLITICO EU Confidential: EU election simmers — Orbán’s family ties — EU diplomats spread wings
- August priorities: The economy and diplomatic tensions
- "He exposed Russian propaganda": Diplomats call Sushchenko case evidence of Russia's attacks on freedom of speech
- News Daily: Macron on Brexit and car crash suspect's return demanded
- 'I spoke to 10 EU diplomats about Brexit and found out some painful truths'
- Turkish appeals court upholds life sentences for 6 in FETÖ media case
- PICTURES: Tele calendar Dundee Memories captures poignant images of city past
- Life on Spice, the zombie drug that users say is worse than heroin
- 700-year-old letter gives ‘tantalising glimpse’ into life of William Wallace
- Indonesian earthquake experiences captured by former Bury St Edmunds pupil
- How Netflix used shapeshifting to explore teen life
- Incredible colour pictures offer glimpse of life in the far corners of the Russian empire in the years before the revolution
- Cats fed euphoric “high” plant before photographer captures the results
Daily life in Hanoi captured by former UN diplomat have 362 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.