Although the VN-Index regained strongly, the number of winners and losers was quite balanced, with 224 advancers compared to 210 decliners. However, the number of gainers completely dominated the VN30 basket, with 26 gainers compared to four losers, namely HPG, KDH, PLX, and SAB.
The driving force for the VN-Index continued to come from MSN, with an increase of 4.3 percent. The steadiness of MSN was the motivation for the rest of the stocks in the VN30 basket, such as GAS, VNM, FPT, VRE, VCB, TPB, STB, SSI, PNJ, and CTG.
The bright spot in the trading session also included banking and securities stocks. After the previous series of corrections, this stock group simultaneously recovered thanks to the appearance of the bottom-fishing cash flow. Specifically, STB hit the ceiling; VPB went up nearly 3 percent; VCI surged by 4.11 percent; SSI jumped by 6 percent, pushing the VN-Index up spectacularly.
However, in contrast to the prosperity of financial stocks, steel stocks suddenly dropped sharply, such as HSG, NKG, TLH, POM, HMC, and SMC. Despite receiving lots of positive information from the annual general meeting of shareholders this morning, HPG even could not escape the selling pressure from the holders.
The demand increased strongly at the end of the trading session, helping the trading value of the VN30 basket surpass VND5 trillion. As a result, the market liquidity of the HoSE was slightly improved compared to the previous day, with 528.4 million shares matched, equivalent to a total value of VND13.41 trillion.
Foreign investors returned to be net buyers with about VND190 billion on the HoSE.
On the smaller bourse in the North, the HNX-Index increased by 5.3 points, or 1.76 percent, to 305.96 points.
By Hai Ho – Translated by Thanh Nha
- VN-Index opens week in the green
- VN-Index posts another modest gaining session
- VN-Index posts a modest gaining session
- VN-Index nudges upwards in quiet session
- Blue chips nudge VN-Index upwards
- VN-Index drops 0.6 percent as blue chips sink
- Tories hold 15-point lead over Labour with just days until election
- Mitchell’s 15 points, 13 boards lead BC past Albany, 72-51
- UK PM Johnson's Conservatives keep 15-point lead over Labour: Opinium poll
- VN stocks to head up in December, trade war concerns expected
- Market watch: KSE-100 slips 133 points in range-bound session
- Market watch: Index ends in red amid lack of triggers
- India, the third-largest Asian economy, ranked 131 on Human Development Index: UN
- India ranks 129 in UN's human development index
- India climbs one spot, ranks 129 in UN's human development index
- Phoenix Point guide - 20 tips for new players and XCOM veterans alike
- Sensex tumbles 300 points as oil prices surge after attacks on Saudi crude plants
- Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth earning most on BH90210 as co-creators of 1990s teen soap revival show
- Private hands tied in VN's airport projects
- Competition rising in VN ice cream market
VN-Index revives 15 points have 479 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.