NEW YORK — Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính received executives of Warburg Pincus and Glenfarne Group in New York on May 15 (US time), as part of his working visit to the US and the UN.
Meeting with CEO of Warburg Pincus Charles Kaye, PM Chính noted that it is necessary to improve the effectiveness of funding and focus on the key areas that can boost other fields.
He stressed Việt Nam is investing in developing strategic infrastructure, including digital and transport infrastructure, digital transformation, climate change fight, the capital market, calling on the private equity firm to promote sources of investment in Việt Nam in these areas.
Clarifying the issues of Warburg Pincus's concern like the cooperation capability of Vietnamese companies, macro-economic stability, infrastructure, and logistics, the PM affirmed that the Vietnamese Government is ready to hold dialogue with enterprises so as to field their questions and help them operate successfully in the country, which shows the mutual trust, sincerity, sense of responsibility, and win-win cooperation.
He also asked enterprises, including Warburg Pincus, to fully implement their commitments and directly liaise with relevant ministries and sectors of Việt Nam to promote investment.
Kaye congratulated Việt Nam on its success in surmounting the COVID-19 pandemic over the last two years, noting that his firm is planning to increase investment in Việt Nam and will assist the country to develop strongly in the future.
Receiving Brendan Duval, CEO of Glenfarne Group, PM Chính welcomed the group's interest in the energy transition in Việt Nam, and said that Việt Nam is about to issue the Electricity Development Plan VIII, which includes adjustments to the planning for the development of LNG power plants in the country's coastal provinces. He said he hopes the group will invest in clean energy in Việt Nam.
Duval, for his part, said the group operates modern and flexible LNG plants around the world, and in the long term, it hopes to contribute to the energy transition in Việt Nam. — VNS
- Top legislator receives leaders of RoK groups in Seoul
- Reliance Industries weighs bid for UK’s telco BT Group
- Early-stage groups expanding startups ecosystem
- Vietnam backs Samsung’s long-term business strategy: Deputy PM
- President meets Mayor of Bern, leaders of Swiss group
- National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue receives Korean business leaders
- President receives Mayor of Bern, leaders of Swiss group
- PM asks for ramping up COVID-19 vaccination, reducing severe cases and COVID-19 related deaths
- Vietnamese businesses encouraged to develop corporate culture
- Vietnam must produce own Covid vaccines, drugs: PM
- PM Chinh meets leaders of major Japanese digital transformation groups
- National Assembly Chairman Vương Đình Huệ receives Korean business leaders
- Boris in New York: 'Nowhere near enough!' PM launches blistering attack at UN meeting
- Trust is the 'decisive difference' in S'pore's response to Covid-19, says PM Lee at PAP convention
- BJC Group of Thailand donates necessities worth VND900 million to help people affected by Covid-19
- Covid omicron news – live: Don’t cancel Christmas parties, PM says as UK sees highest daily cases since July
- PM Narendra Modi to co-chair virtual India-ASEAN summit on Thursday
- PAP at turning point again, next 35 years will be quite different from the last: PM Lee
- Defence Ties, 2+2 Dialogue: Here's What's on the Table as PM Modi Meets Putin Today Amid Close Watch by US
- Chopper crash: PM Modi, Rajnath pay tributes to CDS Rawat, others; black box may provide vital clues | India News - Times of India
Vietnamese PM receives leaders of Warburg Pincus, Glenfarne Group have 632 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.