VIENTIANNE — The official visit to Laos by Vietnamese National Assembly (NA) Chairman Vương Đình Huệ on May 15-17 holds great significance and will actively contribute to the great relationship between the two legislative bodies and their countries, said Chairman of the Lao NA Saysomphone Phomvihane during an interview granted to the Vietnam News Agency ahead of the trip.
Reviewing parliamentary cooperation in the recent past, he said the two NAs had been strengthening their traditional relations through the implementation of agreements and all-level mutual visits, as well as close coordination and mutual support at international and regional forums.
To continue bringing into play bilateral relations and cooperation, the two parliaments would press on with implementing their memorandum of understanding on cooperation and between the Lao NA's Secretariat and the Vietnamese NA's Office by increasing all-level delegation exchanges, supporting each other at regional and international parliamentary forums, working with the countries' Party and Government agencies to organise celebrations during the Year of Solidarity and Friendship 2022, sharing experience, monitoring joint projects, and promoting partnerships in economy, trade and investment, said the Lao leader.
He said that it would be his honour to welcome Chairman Huệ and the high-ranking delegation from Việt Nam, which is the first official visit to Laos by Huệ as Chairman of the Vietnamese NA and also the first by a foreign parliamentary leader to Laos since its 11th National Party Congress and the 9th tenure NA's first session.
The visit takes place amid a number of important activities being held in the Solidarity and Friendship Year, he noted, adding that it would be a particularly important diplomatic event and would greatly contribute to the great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between the two countries, as well as between their legislative bodies.
The leader held that despite the complex and unpredictable regional and international situation, bilateral relations had been developing unceasingly. The organisation of the Solidarity and Friendship Year was a vivid demonstration of their special ties and also an occasion to look back on the rare long-standing relations and educate people, especially the young, on bilateral connections.
As hostile and reactionary forces were still seeking ruses to drive a wedge between Laos and Việt Nam, the countries' Parties, States and people needed to educate younger generations on their responsibility for upholding, protecting and promoting the special relations, Chairman Phomvihane added. — VNS
- (LEAD) N. Korean leader passing through China by train: source
- (2nd LD) N. Korean leader to leave Hanoi on Saturday morning: source
- (2nd LD) N. Korean leader hopes for improvement in relations with Vietnam in all areas: KCNA
- Kim Jong Un sends rare letter to South Korean leader after extraordinary year
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un leaves Vietnam after failed summit
- Iran’s Hassan Rouhani seeks to boost ties on first visit to Baghdad
- Iran's Rouhani visits Baghdad, calls for 'unity'
- Venezuela opposition leader Juan Guaido says country must unite to end Maduro regime
- World leaders are talking, Mr. Trump -- are you listening?
- Trump, Kim Jong Un’s Vietnam summit joins long list of key moments between world leaders: A timeline
- Selfie diplomacy: North Macedonia, Greek leaders break ice
- Vietnamese party chief visits Cambodia to shore up relations
- Kim Jong Un's Vietnam visit follows grandfather's footsteps: The history between the communist countries
- Kim Jong-un’s Symbolic Vietnam Visit Is About More Than Trump
- Kim Jong-un Arrives in Vietnam, for a Visit About More Than Trump
- Trump huddles with national security officials at Pentagon as North Korea threatens to end nuclear talks
- (2nd LD) Leaders of S. Korea, Brunei agree to expand economic cooperation | Yonhap News Agency
- Vietnamese Foreign Minister Arrives in North Korea as Trump-Kim Summit Approaches
- (2nd LD) Leaders of S. Korea, Cambodia vow efforts to improve economic ties | Yonhap News Agency
- Kim's China visit shows Trump he's 'not the only game in town'
Vietnamese NA Chairman's official visit to contribute to bilateral friendship: Lao leader have 647 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.