At the talks, which took place within the framework of N.A. Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue’s official visit to Laos, the two sides briefed each other on the organization, functions and tasks of each committee, and discussed the possibility of holding a conference of the N.A. Committees for Defense and Security of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, as well as the topics of the event.
Vongsack said that the Lao side is interested in organizing a conference to share experience between the N.A. Committees for Defense and Security of Vietnam and Laos, expressing hope that both sides will work together to hold the activity.
Toi agreed with proposals put forth by Vongsack, underlining that the contents of the new cooperation agreement between the two N.A.s, which was signed on May 16, are important orientations for the collaboration between the two committees.
He affirmed that the Committee for Defense and Security of the Vietnamese N.A. is willing to coordinate with the Lao side more closely and effectively.
Also on May 16, Secretary General of the Vietnamese National Assembly Bui Van Cuong held talks with his Lao counterpart Pingkham Lasasimma during which they agreed to closely coordinate in carrying out agreements recently signed between the two legislatures and between the Vietnamese N.A.'s Office and the Lao N.A. Secretariat.
Cuong, who is also Chairman of the N.A. Office, shared experience in organizing N.A. sessions and how his office has provided consultancy and advice in this matter, from preparing contents of discussions and agenda, to arranging venues, facilities, COVID-19 control measures and press information before, during and after a sitting.
Pingkham, for her part, thanked Cuong for his valuable experience and useful information as well as the Vietnamese N.A. Office for enthusiastic support for running the Vietnamese-funded N.A. building newly launched in Laos.
She also pledged to work closely with the N.A. Secretary General as well as the N.A. Office of Vietnam to implement the signed agreements between the two sides.
The two officials later witnessed the handover of a Vietnamese donation of USD 100,000 to the Laos N.A. Secretariat to help it purchase equipment.
- Vietnamese, Lao defense ministries to host activities to mark bilateral ties
- Vietnamese, Lao border forces look to strengthen cooperation
- Vietnamese agencies in France congratulate Laos on traditional New Year
- HCM City leaders extend greeting to Lao diplomats on Bunpimay
- HCMC leaders extend greeting to Lao diplomats on Bunpimay
- Vietnam, Laos see progress in hydrometeorological cooperation
- Vietnamese mission in Geneva joins Lao counterparts on Bunpimany festival
- Thanh Hoa fosters ties with Laos’s Houaphanh province
- Lao newspaper spotlights Laos – Vietnam special solidarity
- Intersection at Vietnam-Lao border gate relocated
- Vietnam, New Zealand foster agricultural cooperation, target $2bn trade
- HCM City leader extends greetings on Laos, Cambodia’s traditional New Year
- Vietnam-Laos trade increases by 19.2 percent in Q1
- Debate tournament on sustainability empowers Vietnamese youth
- Vietnamese brands gain foothold in international markets
- Indian lower house speaker begins official visit to Vietnam to foster bilateral ties
- Set up a top-notch overseas spy agency
- Vietnam, New Zealand foster agriculture economies following COVID-19 pandemic
- Vietnam, Laos work to foster border trade collaboration
- New Year greetings extended to Cambodian and Lao armed forces
Vietnamese, Lao N.A. agencies foster collaboration have 524 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.