Principal Song Hyun-seop said Vietnamese has been included in the school's curriculum as a second foreign language since April 2019.
Explaining this decision, he said Vietnam and the RoK enjoy many historical and cultural similarities, noting that the Ly clan from the Southeast Asian nation came to his country very early, forming the first foundation for bilateral connectivity.
Over the last 30 years, Korean enterprises have poured huge investment into Vietnam, which has created a large Korean community in Vietnam. In return, there are also many Vietnamese people in the RoK.
Therefore, the Vietnamese language skills have become highly useful, and including it in career counselling for high school students is of great necessity for them to gain momentum for learning and future development, Song noted.
With the employment of two Vietnamese-language teachers who have high capacity and deep understanding of the Korean culture, Myeonmok has held weekly meetings with all of its teachers to improve their knowledge of Vietnam and help students shape their vision.
Through these events, teachers have become more familiar with the language while more students have chosen to learn Vietnamese and paid attention to the country, according to the principal.
- New school-based counselling service for Gibraltar
- French university opens training course on Vietnamese language and culture
- Vocational and high schools announce new students' names
- "Great success" for 3 new public European schools
- Chinese, the new ‘in’ language at Madrid’s private schools
- GCSE results in Bridgend 2019: How every school did
- Languages GCSE entries up by 3%
- Record number of school kids joining work experience courses
- A-level results day RECAP: The wait is finally over for students
- Lost lessons: N. Koreans get 're-education' in South
- The jobs that could earn school leavers €100,000s in the future
- TMID Editorial: MATSEC reform – Foreign language – pros and cons
- 10 of the best value private schools in the UK
- Meet the pupils behind this Surrey school’s amazing exam success
- These are the best state secondary schools in Wales in 2019
- GCSE results 2019: How every school in Cardiff and the Vale did
- The Real School Guide 2019: The best schools in Cambridgeshire
- 7 best summer schools to master your Russian in the Motherland
- Why Spanish is fast becoming Britain’s favorite foreign language
- The best apps to help you nail student life
Vietnamese language included in Korean school’s career counseling for students have 364 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 20, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.