At the talk, the military commands of the two provinces updated each other on the socio-economic, defense-security situations in 2021 and the first quarter of 2022, and reviewed their coordination in military-defense task performance over the past time.
In particular, in 2021, the two sides maintained information exchange and promoted dissemination among local people of information about the traditional relationship between the two parties, states, and peoples, as well as regulations and border restrictions signed by the two countries.
Additionally, the two military commands coordinated with each other to prevent and control the COVID-19 pandemic while addressing immigration issues, maintaining security, social order and safety in the shared borderline, and combating cross-border crimes.
Since 2020, the Thanh Hoa provincial Military Command has presented anti-COVID-19 medical supplies and equipment, worth more than VND 2.5 billion, to the Houaphanh provincial Military Command and the Lao People's Army as well.
Especially, the Special Working Committee of Houaphanh province and Steering Committee 515 of Thanh Hoa province closely worked together to search for and collect remains of fallen Vietnamese volunteer soldiers and advisors in Laos.
In the time to come, the two sides pledged to enhance information dissemination and education to raise the people's awareness, especially young generations, of viewpoints and policies on comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Laos, Thanh Hoa and Houaphanh provinces.
Under the deal, the two commands will strengthen information exchange to deal with unexpected defense-security issues in a timely manner, promote cooperation in searching for and collecting remains of fallen Vietnamese volunteer soldiers and advisors in Laos in the dry season of the 2022-2023 period.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- China and Russia Warn of ‘Arms Race’ in Response to Donald Trump’s U.S. Missile Defense Plan
- U.S. and China Militaries Begin Training Together, Even as Their Nations Fight Trade War
- Iran Says It Will Send Its Military to Italy, Where U.S. Command Is Based
- Mueller suggests no prison for Flynn, citing cooperation
- Age of Ingenuity: Reimagining 21st Century International Cooperation
- Russia and China Replacing U.S. in Africa? As Trump Administration Moves Out, Top Military Rivals Moving In
- Russia Praises China Joint Military Drills Amid U.S. Tensions, Will Send New Warships to Pacific
- Russia Military News 2018: Historic Year for Vladimir Putin as New Weapons, Strategy Aim to Challenge U.S.
- Russian Military Enters Syria Area Left by U.S. Allies After Donald Trump's Withdrawal Announcement
- Russia Military Planes Arrive in Venezuela, Iran's Warships May Follow to Support U.S. Foe
- Defense Secretary Mattis resigns over differences with Trump
- Women in military, female veterans shifting from GOP
- Vladimir Putin Pens Letter to Donald Trump, Says They Should Talk About "Extensive Agenda" Of United States and Russia
- Registration Opens for 2019’s Military Space Situational Awareness Conference
- Chinese General Says Military Should Use Force Against U.S. Ships in South China Sea
- Prosecutor says Flynn may continue to cooperate
- Russia Shows Off Military Might in 2019 Calendar Photos with Guns, Missiles and More
- Brazil Considers Allowing U.S. Military Base in Country in Response to Russia’s Support for Venezuela’s Maduro
- Trump’s First Defense Secretary Was a “Mad Dog.” Will His Second Be a Lapdog?
- Urging Florida To Ignore Military Votes Fits Trump's True Pattern With The Troops
Vietnamese and Lao military units promote defense cooperation have 521 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.