In particular, the Viettel High Technology Industries Corporation (VHT), a Viettel Group's affiliate, will combine the Qualcomm X100 5G RAN Accelerator Card and Massive MIMO Qualcomm QRU100 5G RAN Platform with its existing hardware and software platforms to speed up the completion of a system of Open RAN 5G Massive MIMO base transceiver stations (BTS). This solution will help simplify network deployment and reduce investment in infrastructure.
Viettel is among four partners of Qualcomm in developing and applying new 5G chipset. The combination of Viettel's experience in researching telecommunications infrastructure equipment and Qualcomm’s preeminent capabilities in specialized 5G processors (5G ASIC) will contribute to developing the mobile ecosystem to a new height and creating a new cycle of creativity.
According to VHT General Director Nguyen Vu Ha, Viettel always plays a pioneering role in developing new telecommunications technology, including 5G. Viettel has mastered the most important elements in a typical telecommunications network structure.
The partnership between Viettel and Qualcomm in this project will be an important milestone in the national strategy of 'Made in Vietnam' 5G infrastructure development, said Ha.
Durga Malladi, Senior Vice President and General Manager in charge of 5G in Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. highly praised the cooperation and expressed Qualcomm's pride of cooperating with Viettel in developing Open RAN solutions as a premise for new generation mobile networks in Vietnam.
He added that this partnership demonstrates the high performance, energy efficiency, flexibility, and scalability of Qualcomm’s ORAN solutions, and those solutions will play a key role in increasing speed of services and creating new layers of 5G applications.
At present, with over 150 5G BTSs, Viettel's 5G network has covered 18 cities and provinces nationwide.
Translated by Mai Huong
- 5G infrastructure should be a force for good
- UK will further support Vietnam in green development: British Ambassador
- U.K. will further support Vietnam in green development: British Ambassador
- Digital transformation to build smart cities in Vietnam
- Where is Vietnam in the technology industry and global supply chain?
- ITU Digital World: broadband infrastructure helps reduce unemployment
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 26
- Vietnam prioritizes digital infrastructure development
- Airtel to showcase 5G use cases for enterprises
- Vietnam holds potential for robot, AI development: insiders
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 16
- Telcos post-5G rollout
- How One Mount sets paths to become Vietnam’s tech unicorn
- PM Chinh co-chairs online WEF country strategic dialogue on Vietnam
- Russia, Singapore in talks to reopen regular flights to Vietnam
- Arm unveils 5G Solutions Lab for network infrastructure innovation
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 3
- Intel Abandons Making 5G Modems for Phones and Will Focus Elsewhere | Digital Trends
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 2
Vietnam partners with Qualcomm to develop 5G infrastructure solutions have 432 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.