Torrential rains resulted in serious flooding along many streets in Bac Ninh and Bac Giang Provinces, northern Vietnam on Tuesday morning, leaving many cars almost fully submerged.
In Bac Giang City, the capital of the namesake province, severe inundation was recorded on Hoang Van Thu and Ngo Gia Tu Streets, as well as at the Nguyen Van Cu-Nguyen Thi Luu intersection and Quang Minh Apartment Building.
Floodwaters reached as high as 50 centimeters, posing difficulties for commuters and causing many cars and motorbikes to break down.
|Cars are submerged along a heavily flooded street in Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam, May 24, 2022. Photo: B.Ninh / Tuoi Tre|
A similar situation also occurred in multiple locations in Bac Ninh City under Bac Ninh Province, especially along the section of Lac Long Quan Street in front of Hoang Gia Apartment Building, where many cars were almost under the water.
This location is the lowest point of the city, said Ngo Van Thuc, head of the municipal management board for urban order.
|A flooded neighborhood in Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam, May 24, 2022. Photo: Y.Phong / Tuoi Tre|
Authorities have installed a pump in the area, but it seems to be ineffective, Thuc continued, adding that certain units were mobilized to warn local residents against traveling on this street section.
Downpours of 60 to 130 millimeters were forecast to lash northern and north-central provinces on Tuesday.
The rains are expected to decrease in intensity from Wednesday, but showers and thunderstorms in mountainous localities may persist for a few more days.
|People travel on a flooded street in Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam, May 24, 2022. Photo: B.Ninh / Tuoi Tre|
|A resident travels on an inundation road in Bac Giang Province, Vietnam, May 24, 2022. Photo: Ken / Tuoi Tre|
|A car travels on a flooded street in Bac Giang Province, Vietnam, May 24, 2022. Photo: Ken / Tuoi Tre|
|A man falls off his motorbike when traveling on a flooded street in Bac Giang Province, Vietnam, May 24, 2022. Photo: Ken / Tuoi Tre|
- Typhoon Matmo injures 14, leaving 1 missing
- Two dead, hectares of rice flooded due to typhoon Son Tinh
- Tết specialities for sale in HCM City
- Cannonball Re-Run part 1: CAR+ archive, January 2011
- A Mini in the Himalayas: CAR+ archive, October 2012
- We crossed our hurleys with the lion's claw and emerged victorious
- From Here to Timbuktu - epic desert trek in a Land Rover Discovery: CAR+ archive, April/May 2006
- 2014 Automobile Magazine All-Stars Road Trip
- FMIA: Smile, Jimmy! Garoppolo in Picture Perfect Situation As a QB
- 2013 Automobile Magazine All-Stars
- 2017 BMW 530i
- The high life: we spend half a year in a Bentley Continental GT V8 S Convertible
Torrential rains sink streets in northern Vietnamese provinces have 436 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.