Six men's teams and five women's teams played in the round-robin format, with four matches for female players and five matches for their male teammates.
Quang Liem and Tran Tuan Minh competed in the men's event, and Pham Le Thao Nguyen and Vo Thi Kim Phung in the women's competition.
After five matches, Liem and Minh recorded 6.5 points to win the gold medal.
The silver medal went to the Philippines while Indonesia and Thailand shared the bronze medal.
In the women's event, Nguyen and Phung defeated their Malaysian rivals and earned six points, drawing with Indonesia.
However, they dropped to silver based on previous results. The bronze went to the Philippines.
Individual and team blitz chess events will take place on May 20 and 21.
- SEA Games 30: Vietnam 5-1 Laos
- SEA Games 30: Vietnam 3-0 Brunei
- SEA Games 30: Vietnam 6-0 Brunei
- SEA Games 30: Vietnam 1-0 Brunei
- SEA Games 30: Vietnam 5-0 Brunei
- SEA Games 30: Vietnam 2-0 Brunei
- SEA Games 30: Vietnam vs Brunei
- Vietnam continues amazing run at SEA Games with 6-1 win over Laos
- Vietnamese students win second prize at Cyber SEA Game 2019
- Korean firms to broadcast all of Vietnam’s matches at the SEA Games
- SEA Games 30: Vietnamese female footballers beat Indonesian sisters 6-0
- Naturalised player vows to win two gold medals for Vietnamese tennis at 30th SEA Games
- Vietnam U22s cautious before vital Indonesia U22s clash at 2019 SEA Games
- VN athlete eyeing gold medal in pencak silat at SEA Games
- SEA Games: Vietnam crush Brunei 6-0 at first men’s football match
- Huyen, Lan to face off over 400m at SEA Games
- Muscle strain forces Vietnam's badminton star to miss SEA Games
- Vietnam start SEA Games with 6-0 thrashing over Brunei
- Vietnam start SEA Games with 6-0 thrashing of Brunei
- Vietnam thrash Brunei in men’s football opener at 2019 SEA Games
SEA Games 31: Vietnam win gold in men’s team rapid chess have 296 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 20, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.