In his letter, President of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa described the teams' victories as a positive sign showing the return of global football.
He expressed his belief that with excellent performance, the players will reap more successes in the future and inspire many football clubs in Asia to work towards great attainments.
President of the Lao Football Federation Viphet Sihachakr and his Myanmar counterpart Zaw Zaw also sent congratulations and thanked hosts Vietnam for wholehearted welcome for their countries' football teams during their stay for the Games.
Zaw Zaw spoke highly of Vietnam's gold medals in football as well as bronze in the men's futsal and silver in the women's futsal, affirming that this success came from not only the players' spirit of competing to the last minute but also efforts by other members and fantastic support from fans.
Meanwhile, Viphet Sihachakr stressed that the teams' success at SEA Games 31 showed efforts by all members and the Vietnam Football Federation on the path to develop football in Vietnam. He also highlighted the close cooperation between the football federations of Laos and Vietnam.
In his message, Yasser H. Almisehal, President of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation, described the teams' victories as a demonstration of the development of Vietnam's football, highly valuing the country's investment in both men's and women's football in the recent past.
Congratulating the teams on successfully defending their SEA Games titles, President of the Japan Football Association Tashima Kohzo called the men's and women's football gold medals in two consecutive Games an illustration of efforts by the entire football community of Vietnam in the region's biggest sporting event.
- Phu Tho Stadium possibly to replace Hang Day Stadium for SEA Games 31
- Vietnam gears up for SEA Games 31, ASEAN Para Games 11
- Vietnamese shooters aim for six goals at SEA Games
- Vietnam to start countdown to 31st SEA Games in November
- Katie Taylor wins Ireland's first gold medal of London 2012 Olympics
- Asian Games 2018: India lose to Japan in gold medal hockey match
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 30
- Alfred Riedl: the man who kickstarted Vietnamese football’s ascent
- Vietnam not to join French football tournament
- Alfred Riedl, former Vietnam football head coach, dies at 70
- Much-loved former Vietnam football coach Riedl dies of cancer
- Marcelo Bielsa aims to bring whole new ball game to Premier League
- New football technical director hopes to see Vietnam surpass his native Japan
- Vietnam withdraw from France's Toulon Tournament football
- Vietnam signs Korean goalkeeping coach on Park Hang-seo’s recommendation
- Fist of gold: Vietnamese Muay Thai queen recounts world championship quest
- VIETNAM NEWS 11/10
- Tripura celebrates Dipa's historic CWG bronze medal
- Former coach of Vietnamese football team Alfred Riedl passes away
- Asian Games 2018: Jinson Johnson, women relay team win gold
SEA Games 31: Vietnam congratulated on football gold medals have 468 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 1, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.