Binh Thuan (VNA) – The People’s Court of Binh Thuan province on May 23 handed a seven-month prison sentence to a Russian man for illegal possession of narcotics.
According to the verdict, 34-year-old Shedko Dmitrii arrived in Vietnam in November 2019 and rented an apartment in Ham Tien ward in Phan Thiet city.
In August 2020, he suffered a broken hand during a fight, and after the injury healed, he claimed he was still in pain and decided to use cannabis as a painkiller .
In August 2021, he bought seeds to plant in his own home as he said he didn’t have money to purchase the product. However, the excuse was deemed unacceptable, as before growing the cannabis, Dmitrii spent a significant sum of money on lights, humidifiers , dryers, electronic scales, and microscales for his growing system.
On December 24, 2021, Phan Thiet city’s criminal police said they caught Dmitrii in illegal possession of a large amount of dried cannabis (about 3kg in total) as well as 27 live cannabis plants (ranging between 30-140cm in height and weighing 6kg in total).
The police also seized instruments used in the cultivation and harvesting of cannabis.
The court said the defendant had given a sincere confession, repented and had no prior criminal record, making him eligible for a reduced sentence.
During legal procedures, he had access to interpreters, consular notification, and other rights in accordance with the law./.
- Judge clears man jailed in ID snafu
- Ukrainian man jailed for stealing $15 million from Russian banks
- Judge frees man jailed in ID snafu
- Actually, half of The Last Jedi haters were not Russian trolls
- Rapper T.I., on probation in gun case, facing jail over drug bust
- GOODEN ISSUED A WALK. DOC GETTING OUT OF JAIL TOMORROW
- Bong that Michael Phelps used lands owner in jail after he tries to sell it on eBay for $100k
- Michael Owen predicts shock Man Utd vs AZ Alkmaar result for one strange reason
- Chelsea Manning: I hope my fight helps other transgender women prisoners
- 63-year-old Bronx man dies from injuries sustained during August stabbing attack: police
- Florida man charged after accidentally killing sister during 'Tombstone' reenactment at birthday party: police
- Michigan man Steven Demink conned moms to sexually abuse their own children: authorities
- Wisconsin favors legalizing cannabis, but hurdles remain
- Millstone man's $900K pot operation busted, prosecutor says
- Legal cannabis could be pot of gold
- Pete Doherty handed suspended 4-month jail sentence
- Kate Moss' sometime boyfriend Pete Doherty sentenced to 14 weeks in jail
- Police killing suspect's jail death ruled homicide
- After riches and jail, Belarusian ex-hacker's life lesson? 'Don't steal from Americans. Ever'
- William Balfour, suspect in Jennifer Hudson family murders, was almost jailed months ago
Russian man jailed for seven months for cannabis possession have 439 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.