HÀ NỘI — State leaders have congratulated the Vietnamese women’s football team on winning the gold medal on May 21.
President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc praised Huỳnh Như and her teammates for their successful competition, which brought endless joy to fans throughout the country. President Phúc also praised coach Mai Đức Chung, the coaching staff, and the players for their accomplishments.
He thanked the sports fans for bringing the love of sport and national pride together at Cẩm Phả Stadium and across the nation, creating spiritual strength for the “female warriors” to go through each match, especially the final, to bring glory to the country, and pride for Vietnamese women’s football.
Shortly after the final match, Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính sent a letter of congratulations to the Vietnamese women’s soccer team.
PM Chính expressed his delight that the players successfully defended their top place at the SEA Games for the seventh time.
“With courage, determination, and intelligence, the women’s football team once again shone and contributed an outstanding gold medal to the 391 SEA Games medals of the Việt Nam delegation,” he wrote.
PM Chính congratulated the women’s football team on their victory and emphasised that it would inspire the Vietnamese sports delegation to be more determined and succeed in upcoming competitions.
After the final match, the players also received congratulations from National Assembly Chairman Vương Đình Huệ through the President of Việt Nam Football Federation (VFF) Trần Quốc Tuấn.
According to Tuấn, the VFF decided to award VNĐ2 billion (US$86,000) to the Vietnamese women’s team following their final match. He stated that it was a miracle accomplished by Vietnamese players under the intelligent direction of head coach Mai Đức Chung.
In addition, Quảng Ninh Province also awarded the players VNĐ1 billion, Tuần Châu Group and Thanh Niên Newspaper awarded VNĐ1 billion, TTP Coal Corporation gave them VNĐ500 million in rewards, and the SEA Games Organising Committee offered a bonus of VNĐ100 million for their efforts.
Notably, FE Credit Company also decided to award VNĐ3 billion to the team.
The total reward for the Vietnamese women’s football team for the final night has reached VNĐ7.6 billion ($328,000). — VNS
- Vietnamese women football honoured two titles of the AFF
- VN women football team to face China in qualifier
- Vietnam’s women football team wins at Olympic qualifiers
- Women football team wins international
- Germany's Goetz to coach Vietnamese national football team
- Vietnam's women football team beats Myanmar
- Vietnamese national football team is old
- Canadian PM congratulates Vietnamese on Tet
- Tough Challenge in Japan for Coach of VN Women's Football Team
- Viet Nam Nabs Women Football Gold Cup, Beats Shandong 4-3
- Vietnamese women's football team makes it to ASIAD 17 semi-finals
- Vietnam women's football team aims high in Asia
- VN women's football team bruising for the final
- Asian Football Confederation praises Vietnamese women’s football team
- National football team in high spirits
- VN women's football team now second in standings
- The "Queen" of Vietnamese Women's Football
- Women's football team to attend a training course in RoK
- Whether Vietnamese national women's football team has foreign coach
- Women's football team plan to retake SEA Games title
PM congratulates Vietnamese women's football team have 538 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 22, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.