The center will be a platform for educational and cultural programming, research support, and academic services.
The new US-Vietnam Cooperation Center has officially come into operation after a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (DAV), 69 Chua Lang Street, Hanoi.
Speaking at the opening ceremony on May 25, US Ambassador Marc Evans Knapper said the center joins over 600 other American Spaces around the world, which encourage open dialogue and build bridges of understanding by serving as study centers for students and communal spaces for those interested in American culture and values.
|Participants at the US-Vietnam Cooperation Center’s ribbon-cutting ceremony. Photo: US Embassy to Vietnam|
This partnership highlights not only the importance of the US-Vietnam relationship but also the close cooperation between the US Embassy in Hanoi and the DAV. It also demonstrates the US' commitment to supporting the development of a strong, prosperous, and independent Vietnam.
The US-Vietnam Cooperation Center at DAV joins the American Hangout at Thai Nguyen University as the second American Spaces partnership in northern Vietnam, building on the success of American Center Hanoi's popular STEM, English, and career skills, women and youth empowerment, and environmental programming.
|The US-Vietnam Cooperation Center in Hanoi joins the American Hangout at Thai Nguyen University as the second American Spaces partnership in northern Vietnam. Photo: US Embassy to Vietnam|
This space inside DAV opened for academics, researchers, faculty, students, and the public, will be a platform for educational and cultural programming, research support, and academic services. It will support DAV's American Studies program, English language studies, and leadership development, as well as provide information about the United States and its foreign policy.
- New child health center in Bronx taking preventive medicine to a high(er)-tech level
- Workers ordered to remove racist, sexist slurs scrawled all over new World Trade Center bathrooms
- Preparations underway for New Albany arts center
- Empire State Building surprises New York with new lights
- Dogs stolen from owners go to meat market in Vietnam, British documentary shows
- Campaign aims to collect photos of every American who died in Vietnam
- Seeing a 9/11 jet slam into World Trade Center triggered Vietnam veteran's 'chilling' nightmares
- Cuomo talks unity, upstate economy in inaugural
- EXCLUSIVE: Victoria Gotti told niece not to cooperate with double homicide investigation
- Sen. Charles Schumer is seen and heard throughout the Inauguration of President Barack Obama
- Black History Month: AUDELCO puts spotlight on African-Americans in New York theater
- Service dogs help Vietnam veteran heal the hidden wounds of war
- New York Sen. Chuck Schumer hammers away for WTC workers; first nail in January inaugural stage salvaged from Twin Towers
- David Dinkins, inaugurated 25 years ago, recalls election as New York City's first black mayor
- Jay-Z shows he runs this town as rapper rocks Brooklyn at Barclays Center's inaugural event
- Veteran’s Day 2012: New York City war heroes, from Revolutionary War to Iraq
- Cornell, NYU, Columbia and more New York colleges building programs toward growing technology scene
- Caribbean comedy king Oliver Samuels returning to New York for ‘Dolly House’ play on Oct. 4 and 5
- ULTIMATE FALL GUIDE 2015: New women's hockey league adds wrinkle to the ice
- As tuition battle at Cooper Union lands in court, mogul's generous offer is revealed
New US-Vietnam Cooperation Center inaugurated in Hanoi have 517 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.