Hanoi (VNA) – National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue and a high-ranking delegation of the Vietnamese legislature left Hanoi on May 15 morning for a three-day official visit to Laos.
The visit is being made at the invitation of President of the Lao National Assembly Xaysomphone Phomvihane.
This is the first official visit to Laos by a senior leader of Vietnam in the Laos – Vietnam Solidarity and Friendship Year 2022, and also the first by Hue as Chairman of the Vietnamese NA. Hue is also the first foreign parliamentary leader to visit Laos since the country's 11th National Party Congress and the 9th-tenure NA's first session.
The visit takes place amid a number of important activities being held in the Vietnam – Laos Solidarity and Friendship Year to mark the 60th founding anniversary of diplomatic ties of the two countries (September 5) and 45 years since the signing of the Laos – Vietnam Treaty of Amity and Cooperation (July 18).
Vietnam and Laos are neighbours with a traditional and close-knit friendship founded by Vietnam ese President Ho Chi Minh, and Lao Presidents Kaysone Phomvihane and Souphanouvong, and nurtured by generations of both countries’ leaders and people.
Bilateral cooperation has been strengthened over the time and people of Vietnam and Laos have always walked side by side in the struggles for national liberation as well as national construction and development in each country.
Vietnam is currently among three leading foreign investors in Laos./.
- Deputy-PM Trinh Dinh Dung visits Laos
- Hanoi farmer with a deep love for Uncle Ho
- Student a shining example of kindness in Hanoi
- Turkish PM’s Visit to Iraq May Give Impetus to 'Fight Against Daesh'
- EVFTA submitted to NA for ratification
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal Reserve chairman says economy could rebound this year, without a second wave of virus
- Dominic Cummings 'is set to quit in six months': Boris Johnson's under-fire chief adviser 'will leave after drawing a line under Brexit'
- Boris Johnson pleads with people to 'move on' from Dominic Cummings row and dismisses calls for an official probe as he is grilled by cross-party MPs over his chief aide's 260-mile trip to Durham
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan to take charge as WHO Executive Board chairman
- Britain sneaks back to the pub! Smart-thinking landlords find ways around lockdown rules to serve cold takeaway pints to thirsty punters – including Laurence Fox - despite bars not opening officially until July
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon’s 36-hour trip to Vietnam in photos
- City leaders pay respect to late President Ho Chi Minh on 130th birthday
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 19
- Coronavirus live updates: Fed chair signals unemployment peak, up to 25%, yet to come
- Coronavirus live updates: Fed chair signals peak unemployment, up to 25%, yet to come
- Task before the ninth National Assembly leadership
- Royal Family's 'secret weapon' Sophie Wessex who 'fills Meghan and Harry void'
- US Bans Democratic House Aides From Border Facilities Over ‘Disruptive’ Behavior - Reports
- Over five decades exciting journey at the Rotary Club
- Ex-strongman Bouterse seeks another term in Suriname
NA Chairman leaves Hanoi for official visit to Laos have 564 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 15, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.