KIÊN GIANG — The Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta province of Kiên Giang is soliciting investment in 55 projects meant to cope with climate change and prevent natural disasters and coastal and riverine erosion.
The newly approved projects include 14 in transportation, 15 in agriculture and irrigation, 20 in water supply, two in water drainage, three in wastewater treatment, and one in solid waste treatment.
One of the transport projects includes building a 3.1km road along the western coast of Phú Quốc Island at a cost of VNĐ2.2 trillion (US$86 million).
Another is an erosion-prevention embankment along Vịnh Thuận Yên beach in Hà Tiên City.
The 6.3km dyke will cost VNĐ640 billion ($27 million) and help cope with climate change and seawater rise, beautify the city's urban area and foster tourism.
Kiên Giang has mobilised investment from various sources in recent years for projects to cope with climate change and natural disasters, and they have proven effective, helping improve people's livelihoods and fostering socio-economic development, according to its People's Committee.
It has built 37 irrigation sluices in the western sea dyke, and they are functioning effectively.
It is building 18 sluices and freshwater reservoirs on Phú Quốc and islands in Kiên Hải District, and various saltwater prevention projects along the coast in Rạch Giá City and Châu Thành and Kiên Lương districts.
It has asked the Government for funding for three urgent projects required for coping with climate change and preventing saltwater intrusion in rivers.
To cost a total of VNĐ2.85 trillion ($122 million), they include a saltwater prevention project in the western sea in Kiên Lương and Châu Thành districts, construction of 16 sluices in An Biên and An Minh districts, and building and upgrading water supply works in rural areas. VNS
- Kien Giang approves 20 projects worth total $2 billion
- Kien Giang transforms abundant natural endowments into a new magnet for investment
- Vietnam focuses on natural calamity control
- The Complete Guide to What To Do Before, During, and After a Disaster
- Low disbursement of public investment in H1: Planning & Investment Ministry
- Kiên Giang dredges channels to ensure marine traffic
- Small WA Towns Struggle To Cope In Shadow Of Larger Disasters
- Forum discusses new financial approach for disaster prevention and response
- Southern provinces ready for billion-dollar FDI projects
- Japanese-backed Australian LNG import project faces delay
- Saudi Arabia's Red Sea project seeks loan in excess of 10 billion riyals: CEO
- Saudi Arabia wants to buy tons of American natural gas
- Exclusive: Greece seeks new mining jobs, higher royalties in talks with Eldorado
- EXCLUSIVE-Greece seeks new mining jobs, higher royalties in talks with Eldorado
- A unique nature insurance policy aims to preserve Mexico's Great Mayan Reef
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau to speed up key projects
- FG seeks $1bn World Bank loan for power sector
- Norway raises Martin Linge project cost estimate by $865 million
- Kingwood officials look for ways to balance development, flood mitigation after Imelda
- Live coverage: Zuckerberg testifies before House on Facebook's Libra project
Kiên Giang seeks investments for 55 projects to mitigate natural disasters have 517 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.