The newly approved projects include 14 in transportation, 15 in agriculture and irrigation, 20 in water supply, two in water drainage, three in wastewater treatment, and one in solid waste treatment.
One of the transport projects will build a 3.1km road along the western coast of Phu Quoc island at a cost of 2.2 trillion VND (86 million USD).
Another is an erosion-prevention embankment along Vinh Thuan Yen beach in Ha Tien city.
The 6.3km dyke will cost 640 billion VND (27 million USD) and help cope with climate change and seawater rise, beautify the city's urban area and foster tourism.
Kien Giang has mobilised investment from various sources in recent years for projects to cope with climate change and natural disasters , and they have proven effective, helping improve people's livelihoods and fostering socio-economic development, according to its People's Committee.
It has built 37 irrigation sluices in the western sea dyke, and they are functioning effectively.
Another 18 sluices and freshwater reservoirs are being built on Phu Quoc and islands in Kien Hai district, and various saltwater prevention projects along the coast in Rach Gia city and Chau Thanh and Kien Luong districts.
The province has asked the Government for funding for three urgent projects required for coping with climate change and preventing saltwater intrusion in rivers.
To cost a total of 2.85 trillion VND (122 million USD), they include a saltwater prevention project in the western sea in Kien Luong and Chau Thanh districts, construction of 16 sluices in An Bien and An Minh districts, and building and upgrading water supply works in rural areas./.
- Natural hazards will happen, seismologist writes; how will we respond?
- Da Nang wants detailed proposal for US$8 bln project
- Over $1.55 bln to be poured into 19 tourism projects in central region
- Conference reviews Korean-funded green city planning project
- How to Accomplish Big Goals Disaster-Style in 6 Easy Steps
- I Doubt Even Tim Gunn Could Save Project Runway Season 17 For Me
- Chris Evans Joins Neil Blomkamp's Survival Film Project GREENLAND
- Final City for Champions project to be split between Switchbacks and Colorado College
- Experts call for high-speed HCM City
- Crossing borders: Pan-Asian multiplex investment is on the rise
- Call for action: Participant Media makes movies that make waves
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' rules four-day holiday weekend, slides 55% (update)
- Backpacker's Carbon-Neutral Project
- Myanmar calls for investment in responsible tourism
- Natural gas, industrials raise DTE's 2018 estimates
- Downloading in Disaster Zones
- UNIC calls for premium standards
- Crash course: Newcomer J.C. Chandor invests in first-rate ensemble for 'Margin Call'
- Here’s why the CHP doesn’t always cite cars and trucks pulling trailers faster than 55 mph
- Film Review: Nature Calls
Kien Giang calls for investments in 55 projects to mitigate natural disasters have 469 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.