The event was attended by Chief of the Vietnam Coast Guard Command Major General Le Quang Dao, Deputy Head of the Military Youth Advisory Board Colonel Nguyen Duc Cuong, and Chairman of the People's Committee of Duy Tien town Pham Hong Thanh.
The contest drew the participation of 68 high school students in the areas.
The program aimed to raise public awareness of information about national sea and islands, as well as the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) 1982, the Law of the Sea of Vietnam 2012, and the Law on the Vietnam Coast Guard 2018, among others.
The activity contributed to building patriotism and raising people's responsibility for the cause of protecting national sovereignty over sea and islands, strengthening solidarity among troops and students, youths, teachers and the locals.
Concluding the contest, the organizing panel presented eight awards and certificates of merit to outstanding students.
On the sidelines of the event, the military units also visited and presented gifts, worth totally more than VND 500 million, to heroic Vietnamese mothers, wounded soldiers, local authorities and needy students.
Translated by Chung Anh
- General Ngo Xuan Lich meets voters in Ha Nam province
- Explore Hải Tặc (Pirate) Island
- Vitality in island outposts
- Côn Đảo Island pioneers sea turtle protection
- Việt Nam begins to realise marine aquaculture potential
- Rangers on Côn Đảo Island protect sea and forest
- Hùng eyeing SEA Games medal with launch of duathlon event
- Viet Nam, Asia's new manufacturing hub
- Việt Nam works hard to combat illegal fishing
- Bún kèn, a speciality of Phú Quốc Island
- Catch a ferry at YVR? Report urges province to consider new ferry terminal
- Việt Nam – Czech Republic’s leading partner in Southeast Asia
- Specialties of Ly Son Island: Goi toi and oc mat trang
- UK sends papers to Việt Nam for verification of four victims
- Việt Nam ready to embrace Industry 4.0
- Land policies restrain Việt Nam agricultural development
- The NDP holds most of Vancouver Island, but Greens and Tories see blood in the water
- Hatchery project to save sea turtles in Cu Lao Cham
- Lý Sơn Island fights mass tourism development
- Paracel and Spratly Islands have never appeared in Chinese administrative maps
Information on sea and islands disseminated in Ha Nam province have 360 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 19, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.