The photograph by Vietnamese lensman Tran Tuan Viet was taken in the Quang Phu Cau Village, Ung Hoa District on the outskirts of Hanoi. The village is famous for its traditional vocation of making incense sticks.
The woman, wearing a conical hat, is surrounded by bunches of bright red incense sticks that look like huge flowers in bloom.
A woman, wearing a conical hat, is surrounded by bunches of bright red incense sticks that look like huge flowers in bloom in Quang Phu Cau Village in Hanoi. Photo by Tran Tuan Viet
“Incense plays an important role in Vietnamese life as it is considered a sacred bridge to connect the visible life of human beings to the world of heaven, earth and gods. As common as this scene is, I tried to capture from in a different perspective,” Viet said.
His photo has garnered over 117,000 likes.
Quang Phu Cau is home to 300 households that have been making incense sticks for generations.
The village is at its busiest in the run up to Tet , the Lunar New Year, Vietnam's biggest and most important festival. Incense is lit at home and pagodas in great numbers on this occasion.
The village's products are also exported to India, China, Malaysia and several other countries. On average, it uses around 200 tons of materials to produce 50 tons of incense a month.
- Is Apple Pay safe? What are the dangers and who can use it?
- Why is Instagram asking for my birthday?
- I’ve used Apple’s NEW MacBook Pro for a week – here’s my verdict two days before it’s out
- What the PowerPC to Intel transition tells us about Apple Silicon release dates
- Editorial: Apple's WWDC 2019 was far more than just the Mac Pro and Apple Pro Display XDR
- Instagram to verify your age with a SELFIE in new crackdown on ‘underage users’
- Hanoi motorbike tour, Hoi An cooking class among top travel experiences in Asia
- Instagram age verification may analyze face videos, but it’s all just window-dressing
- Huge Facebook warning as 5MILLION accounts ‘stolen and breached’ in major attack
- Three HUGE iPhone mistakes you’re making every day – and it could cost you
- How your iPhone can SAVE you money each month – three clever hacks to learn
- High-end users on 'Why I'm buying the new Mac Pro'
- My iPhone hack will change how you take screenshots FOREVER – did you know it?
- Clever iPhone hack can save you HUNDREDS of pounds – and it’s very easy to do
- Fans are going wild for NEW iPhone photo trick – how to use it
- My favourite iPhone hack is SO good you’ll use it every day – and it only takes seconds
- Four HIDDEN apps on every iPhone that you’ve probably never seen – including ‘secret’ camera
- Five iPhone ‘red flags’ that reveal if you’ve been BLOCKED by someone
- Amazon slashes price of iPhone XR to just £205 in rare deal – how to find it
- Where the 2013 Mac Pro went right — and wrong
Hanoi incense village glows on Apple's Instagram account have 486 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.