The welcoming ceremony for the Cambodian delegation, led by Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Samdech Pichey Sena Tea Banh, was held at Hoa Lu International Border Gate under the chair of Vietnamese Defense Minister General Phan Van Giang.
After the welcoming ceremony, Cambodian Defense Minister Tea Banh witnessed his Vietnamese counterpart saluting the national marker at Hoa Lu International Border Gate. The two defense ministers then planted trees and observed joint patrol of the border defense forces of the two countries.
After that, the two delegations visited and presented gifts to Loc Tan A Primary School. Speaking at the gift presentation ceremony, Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Tea Banh complimented the school's teachers on their teaching efforts, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. He strongly believed that in the coming time, with the care and support of the Party, Government, and people as well as teachers' high responsibility, the school's students will obtain higher academic results, contributing to the development of Vietnam's education sector.
Talking about the Vietnam – Cambodia relationship, head of the Cambodian delegation affirmed that Cambodia and Vietnam are brotherly neighbors with time-honored traditional friendship. In the past, the two countries stood side by side in the resistance war for national independence. More especially, amid the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, the two governments, militaries, and people have presented medical supplies and sent medical personnel to assist each other in pandemic prevention and control.
In addition to that, the two countries have continued maintaining and strengthening cooperation in political, military, educational, and socio-economic fields. Recently, the two sides have fostered their cooperation in tourism and history.
The Cambodian defense minister emphasized that the strategic historical and traditional relationship has demonstrated the two countries’ desire to develop their good neighbors, traditional friendship and comprehensive cooperation.
The Cambodian official hoped that Vietnamese students will study hard to achieve high academic results and to become future leaders of the nation. He also expected that the Vietnamese children will unite with their Cambodian peers to further preserve and protect the traditional friendship of the two countries.
Below are photos of the activities of the first Vietnam – Cambodia Border Defense Friendship Exchange in Binh Phuoc province.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Joint working group on Vietnam-Cambodia border gates meets
- Joint working group on VN-Cambodia border gates meets
- Joint working group on VN-Cambodia border gates convenes meeting in Hanoi
- Breeding cattle presented to poor households in Vietnam-Cambodia’s border areas
- Vietnam, Cambodia work to boost operation of border gates
- Vietnam-Cambodia military units review cooperation activities
- Chinese Defense Minister expected to visit Vietnam in May
- Get-together marks 41st anniversary of victory over genocidal regime in Cambodia
- Cambodia presents friendship order to Vietnamese diplomats and pressmen
- Delegation of Lao province pays pre-Tet visit to Hoa Binh
- Vietnam – Soviet Union Friendship
- Sacrifice of Vietnamese volunteer soldiers in Cambodia - Sacrifice for justice and of humanity
- Cambodia honors late Vietnamese war hero with Royal Order of Sahametrei
- US Defense Secretary vows to boost US-Vietnam defense cooperation during his visit to Vietnam
- Vietnam, Laos bolster justice cooperation
- Guangxi promotes exchange with Vietnam
- Young officers’ exchange promotes defense cooperation
- An isolated Israel seeks closer friendship with India
- Vietnam-China Young Officers Exchange Program commences
- Part 2: Expanding the Vietnam-Russia Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
First Vietnam - Cambodia border defense friendship exchange held in Binh Phuoc have 531 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 18, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.