A farewell ceremony was held Tuesday morning at the Air Force Division 271 military airport for the second sortie of the Rotation 4 of Vietnam’s Level-2 Field Hospital to UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan. VNA/VNS Photo Trọng Đức
Speaking at the event, Major General Hoàng Kim Phụng, director of the Vietnam Department of Peacekeeping Operations, expressed his hope that members of the detachment would successfully complete the tasks entrusted in them by the Party, State, Army and the people.
He urged the group to well perform the role of “ambassador” of peace and friendship, contributing to raising the prestige and international position of the country and the Vietnam People’s Army globally.
Australia again provided the transportation for the Vietnamese officers to the mission with the Royal Navy’s Boeing C-17 Globemaster III.
The hospital was launched in November 2021 with 63 official members, including 12 female soldiers.
It was deployed to replace the Rotation 3 of Vietnam's Level-2 Field Hospital in South Sudan.
The hospital will focus on applying science and technology in medical examination and treatment, thereby learning from experience to work on research scientific work, and continue preventing and controlling diseases in the harsh environment.
Vietnam's Engineering Unit Rotation 1 (the country's first engineering unit to be deployed) and Level-2 Field Hospital Rotation 4 departed UN peacekeeping missions in Abyei and South Sudan on April 27, 2022.
- Training launched for staff of military level-2 field hospital No.2
- Joining UN peacekeeping missions affirms VN’s contributions to world peace
- Seven more Vietnamese officers join UN peacekeeping mission
- Preparations for launch of second field hospital reviewed
- Military doctors ready for peacekeeping mission in South Sudan
- Australian Governor-General visits Vietnam’s level-2 field hospital
- Two more Vietnamese officers dispatched to UN peacekeeping mission
- Vietnam enhances cooperation in UN peacekeeping operations
- Vietnam, India hold exercise to share peacekeeping experience
- Peacekeeping in Mali: The U.N.'s Most Dangerous Mission
- Guamanian restaurant Prubechu finds a new home — in the Mission’s former Commonwealth space
- NHS report reveals a THIRD of cancer patients still have to go to their GP at least TWICE before being sent to hospital for tests – the same amount as last year
- Congo conflict: 'The Terminator' lives in luxury while peacekeepers look on
- China peacekeeping exhibition launched at UN headquarters
- Mali: U.N. Chief Calls For 2,500 More Peacekeepers at Al-Qaeda Hit Mission
- Islamist attack kills at least 15 UN peacekeepers and five soldiers in DRC
- WATCH At Least 4 Boys Have Exited Thai Cave - Rescue Medical Team
- German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas tells Ukraine: 'We won't leave you alone'
- UN Golan Heights mission in doubt as EU lifts Syria arms embargo
- Jupiter's Crazy Magnetic Field is Unlike Anything Ever Seen Before
Field hospital team leaves for UN peacekeeping mission have 476 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.