HÀ NỘI — Famed fencer Vũ Thành An and nearly 100 volunteers collected plastic rubbish in Mỹ Đình Gymnasium on Friday in the “Collecting Plastic Rubbish – Getting Green Medals” activity as part of the ongoing ‘For A Green SEA Games’ campaign.
They divided into groups to pick up rubbish, bottles and cans. By the afternoon, over 30 volunteers who collected the most rubbish won Green medals from the SEA Games organiser.
With the spirit of “For a Stronger Southeast Asia”, the event has not aimed just at fair play but also for green-clean-beautiful and environment-friendly purposes.
The Natural Resources and Environment Communications Centre and the WWF have coordinated with the SEA Games 31 organiser on a project to minimise plastic disposal in the ocean and implement a national plan on controlling plastic disposal in the sea by 2030, aiming to set up a recycling economy and focus on environmental protection.
These plastic reducing activities are part of WWF efforts to protect Việt Nam’s biological diversity, including the Sao La (Asian unicorn), chosen as this SEA Games mascot.
This is the very first time such a rare and valuable mammal has been chosen as the mascot.
The programmes “Collecting Plastic as Gifts” and “Collecting Plastic Rubbish – Getting Green Medals” have been implemented in Hà Nội’s Mỹ Đình Gymnasium since May 12.
They aim to enhance people’s awareness of various kinds of plastic that can be recycled and encourage people to sort rubbish to protect the environment.
Volunteers at SEA Games venues have been joining the activities. — VNS
- Volunteers at Ben Nevis stunned after finding a VIBRATOR while cleaning up Scotland’s highest mountain
- Couple’s dream Thailand trip turned into a nightmare filled with rubbish and half-finished buildings
- Inside the home of hoarder who has spent half a century collecting discarded rubbish
- International volunteers recycle clothes for refugees on Lesbos
- Cambodian school made of rubbish
- After the floods: relief work and cleanup
- Elderly homeless population on the rise, local agencies report
- A resource for the community emerged from Hugo
- Vietnam legacy: America struggles to find meaning in defeat
- Boys & Girls Clubs and Sexual Abuse: Mario Thompson
- Out & About: Things to do in the South Bay Sept. 27-29
- German non-profit flushes away right-wing hate
- Euro 2016: Workers across the country don their kits for Football Shirt Thursday ahead of crucial England v Wales showdown
- Migrants' misery continues in Hungary
- Morsi supporters 'humiliated' after death
- Incredible footage shows tidal surge smashing cars against wall – as cops are accused of ‘overhyping’ UK storm threat
Fencer, volunteers collects rubbish in Mỹ Đình Gymnasium have 437 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.