Cambodian Ambassador to Vietnam Chay Navut affirmed so when answering the military press' questions ahead of the upcoming first Vietnam-Cambodia Border Defense Friendship Exchange.
Vietnam and Cambodia are two close neighbors, having a long-standing traditional friendship. 2022 marks a turning point in the Vietnam-Cambodia relations when the two countries are celebrating the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations (June 24, 1967-2022). Ambassador Chay Navuth expressed his satisfaction at the comprehensive, close-knit, increasingly effective and substantive development of the Vietnam-Cambodia ties over the past 55 years. That good relationship has continuously developed in all aspects, including defense cooperation. “Many officers of the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces trained in Vietnam have returned to Cambodia after their graduation to make great contribution to Cambodia’s defense posture,” he said.
Human resource training is just one among many areas of effective and practical cooperation between the Vietnam People’s Army and the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces. Ambassador Chay Navuth said that when the COVID-19 pandemic was raging in the world, the Vietnamese and Cambodian militaries actively coordinated to prevent the disease from spreading across the border. In addition, Vietnamese military doctors came to provide medical checkups and free medicines to Cambodian people in the border area. In addition, the militaries of the two countries also cooperated closely in preventing and combating cross-border crimes, defeating plots to sabotage and split the Vietnam-Cambodia relationship. “In general, the cooperation between the Vietnam People’s Army and the Royal Cambodian Armed has contributed to further tightening the relationship between the two countries,” he emphasized.
In terms of the first Vietnam-Cambodia Border Defense Friendship Exchange, Ambassador Chay Navuth said that the event will be held in a special year when Vietnam and Cambodia mark the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations, the 45th anniversary of Cambodian Prime Minister (PM) Hun Sen's journey leading to the fall of the Pol Pot genocidal regime" (June 20, 1977-2022) and the the Vietnam-Cambodia and Cambodia – Vietnam Friendship Year in 2022. Relevant agencies of the two countries have collaborated well to prepare for the event, he added.
With various meaningful events to be held in the exchange, Ambassador Chay Navuth believed that the first Vietnam-Cambodia Border Defense Friendship Exchange will lift the Vietnam-Cambodia defense cooperation to a new height. The border defense friendship exchange will contribute to boosting cooperation activities between the two countries and among the localities, maintaining peace, social order and safety in the shared border areas.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Defense Minister hosts newly-appointed Japanese ambassador
- Japan’s Defence White Paper: New avenues for India-Japan defence cooperation?
- Vietnam Trade Fair 2017 - a bridge for Vietnam-Cambodia trade cooperation
- Spanish Ambassador awarded ‘For Peace and Friendship among Nations’ insignia
- Deputy Defense Minister receives KOICA leader
- China, Japan should plan, push forward post-pandemic cooperation: Chinese FM
- After Republicans storm hearing room, Defense official testifies in impeachment inquiry
- Xinhua Headlines: China, ASEAN see thriving digital economy cooperation amid anti-pandemic "new normal"
- Interview: China-Saudi Arabia relations develop with concept of community with shared future, says ambassador
- Cambodian girls defy gender barriers to excel in technology
- Rome Remains One of Moscow’s Closest Partners - Russian Ambassador to Italy
- Ambassador Liu Xiaoming Delivers A Keynote Speech and Answers Questions at the Webinar with UK Think Tanks On China-Europe Relations
- Defense, political chiefs visits retired senior officers
- Meghan Markle ‘set up photo opportunities with paparazzi when she worked on Suits’ – so did the royal couple cooperate with their new biography’s authors?
- President commends Vietnam-Russia Tropical Center for contributions
- Vietnam, China to boost effective cooperation
- Biden Promises US Return to World Cooperation
- Trump taps ‘strong, silent type’ to lead impeachment defense
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 21
- With giant leaps in quarter-century, Vietnam, US head for bright future
Defense cooperation contributes to traditional friendship: Cambodian Ambassador have 611 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.