HCM CITY – WinCommerce General Commercial Services Joint Stock Company, a subsidiary of Masan Group, has opened its first two WinMart+ franchised stores in Hà Nội and Bắc Giang.
The opening marks the start of Masan Group’s plans to have 20,000 franchised stores and 10,000 of its own outlets to serve 30-50 million consumers by 2025.
After starting operations in 2014 and being acquired by Masan in 2019, WinCommerce (WCM) is currently the largest modern retailer in Việt Nam with nearly 3,000 WinMart/WinMart+ supermarkets and stores in 60 of the country's 65 provinces and cities.
Under Masan’s management, the chain has made drastic changes to everything from store layout, portfolio of goods with an increased focus on fresh products, negotiating the best deals with suppliers, and rebranding.
In the two years since it acquired WinMart+, Masan has integrated new utilities and relentlessly experimented to find the best model for it.
The mini-mall is a modern retail model that has been proven successful by Masan.
In the first nine months of 2021 WCM began trialling retail stores with an integrated mini-mall concept.
At these stores, customers can buy groceries (food and beverages) at WinMart+, tea and coffee at Phúc Long kiosk, and medicines at Phano Mart, conduct financial transactions such as cash withdrawals and deposits, money transfers and bill payments at Techcombank, and access digital services at Reddi mobile network.
It is the only consumer ecosystem that spans grocery, financial and digital services, which together account for around 80 per cent of a Vietnamese consumer's regular spending.
Consumers can access multiple products and services at small kiosks under one roof, which increases revenues/square metre for the chain through cross-selling and upselling through convenience and an integrated loyalty platform.
Business households, Masan in win-win tie-up
Dr Võ Trí Thành, former vice president of the Central Institute for Economic Management, said: “WinMart+ already has a certain brand and reputation. Creating a wider network will help this retailer become increasingly stronger. Franchising partners can stand on the shoulders of giants, feel secure about doing business with professional operating processes, reputable brands and a large number of familiar customers.”
Running a small grocery store for 20 years, Nguyễn Thị Thảo (Lê Phụng Hiểu, Hà Nội) has changed strategy to co-operate with WinMart+. Her shop now also sells fresh products and takeaway Phúc Long tea and coffee instead of just the few dry goods she used to in the past.
Thảo said: "I am very happy because my store now has more than 3,000 products from reputed and popular brands to sell to customers. Customers who come to my shop all say WinMart+ is very prestigious."
Dr Thành also spoke about Masan's achievements in digital transformation and its successful integrated mini-mall model, and said it has a wide supply and sales network.
In addition to the 3,000 WinMart/WinMart+ points of sale the consumer-retail giant owns, it also has a close relationship with 300,000 traditional retail outlets.
"These are advantages for Masan to start the franchise model," Dr Thành said. VNS
- Primark’s fast fashion makes it fastest-growing retailer in the US
- Make a load of cash from your old clothes with these money-saving tips — plus how you can win £15k
- How Larne are making sure that there's something big happening at Inver Park
- British racehorse trainer breaks record for most wins
- Startup diary: Making investors turn page can lead to a success story
- What time is the EuroMillions draw tonight, how much is the Friday jackpot and how many numbers do you need to win?
- Our savvy Saver reveals his tips for nabbing bargains on gifts, food and nights out — plus win your £27k university fees
- Morgan announces new collaboration with Pashley Cycles
- Barnwell: 10 NFL trade candidates, and proposing deals that make sense
- Paul Klee: After Broncos first win — and his — Vic Fangio sums up franchise's situation: 'It's about players'
- After Broncos' first win — and his — Vic Fangio sums up franchise's situation | Paul Klee
- Welbeck brewery wins six Great Taste awards as boss eyes new markets
- Kyle Allen, Christian McCaffrey make history to keep Panthers winning
- Save money by reducing your household waste with these top tips — plus win £27,000 towards your uni fees
- 10 under-the-radar people who could make a difference this NHL season
- Trubisky makes history in Bears' win over Buccaneers
- EcoClear wins Ringling College innovation award from Sarasota Council for Economic Development
- Win tickets to see Stoke City play Huddersfield Town in the Carabao Cup
- WIN: Tickets to see The Nun at Weston-super-Mare’s Odeon cinema
- Lindsay helps give Broncos' Fangio first win as coach
WinMart+ makes move into franchising: a win-win collaboration for retail and households have 775 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.