Vietnam's coronavirus tally increased by 14,978 infections on Sunday, with 4,157 hospital discharges and 123 virus-related deaths reported nationwide.
The newest infections, including 44 imported and 14,934 domestic transmissions, were detected in 62 provinces and cities, the ministry said, elaborating that 10,324 caught the virus in the community.
Hanoi recorded 2,967 of the latest local cases, Da Nang 984, Hai Phong City 764, Hung Yen Province 629, Quang Nam Province 435, Quang Ninh Province 427, Hai Duong Province 351, Phu Tho Province 308, Thua Thien-Hue Province 282, Khanh Hoa Province 279, Lam Dong Province 216, Ho Chi Minh City 138, Yen Bai Province 91, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 73, Quang Tri Province 60, Binh Duong Province 40, and Can Tho City 36.
Vietnam had documented 15,658 locally-acquired infections on Saturday.
The country has found 2,134,788 community transmissions in all its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave erupted on April 27, 2021. More than 1.8 million of them have recovered from COVID-19.
Ho Chi Minh City is the biggest hotbed with 512,774 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 292,272, Hanoi with 108,829, Dong Nai Province with 99,663, Tay Ninh Province with 87,131, Ca Mau Province 54,702, Dong Thap Province with 47,018, Can Tho City with 44,135, Long An Province with 41,358, An Giang Province with 35,301, Tien Giang Province with 35,216, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 30,303, Binh Thuan Province with 28,821, and Da Nang with 25,186.
Vietnam logged only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
Hospitals discharged 4,157 coronavirus patients on Sunday, elevating the tally to 1,804,849, according to the health ministry.
The toll has climbed to 36,719 deaths after the ministry reported 123 fatalities on the same day, including 16 in Hanoi, 10 in Dong Thap Province, nine in Soc Trang Province, eight in Can Tho City, seven in Tien Giang Province, seven in Vinh Long Province, and six in Ho Chi Minh City, and the remaining in 20 other provinces and cities.
Vietnam has confirmed 2,141,422 patients, including 135 imported and community-based Omicron infections, since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit the country in early 2020.
The Omicron cases consist of 68 in Ho Chi Minh City, 27 in Quang Nam Province, 14 in Hanoi, 11 in Khanh Hoa Province, eight in Da Nang, two in Thanh Hoa Province, two in Quang Ninh Province, one in Hai Duong Province, one in Hai Phong City, and one in Long An Province.
Health workers have administered above 175.8 million vaccine doses, including 1,333,208 shots on Saturday, since vaccination was rolled out nationwide on March 8, 2021.
More than 78.8 million of the country's 98 million people have received at least one dose while over 73.8 million have been injected twice.
The number of third doses – including additional primary shots for immunocompromised people, boosters, and third jabs of Cuba's Abdala vaccine has surpassed 23.1 million.
- Vietnam reports lowest daily coronavirus case spike in 1.5 months: gov’t
- Tokyo daily coronavirus cases total 87, lowest since Nov. 2
- Vietnam records lowest daily cases in over two months on October 12
- Vietnam reports daily rise of 4,513 coronavirus cases
- Vietnam records 4,512 new local Covid cases
- Vietnam records 3,513 new local Covid cases
- Vietnam announces 2,949 new coronavirus cases
- Vietnam announces 8,758 new coronavirus cases
- Vietnam records 4,147 more local Covid cases
- Britain's daily Covid cases jump by 15% in a week as outbreak continues to grow - but deaths dip by the same proportion to 28
- Coronavirus Cases Spike Across Sun Belt as Economy Lurches into Motion
- UK sees biggest daily increase of coronavirus cases since June
- India Records 15,823 Coronavirus Cases In Last 24 Hrs, Active Cases In Kerala Drop Below 1 Lakh
- India Records 18,346 Coronavirus Cases In Last 24 Hrs, Lowest In 209 Days
- COVID In Minnesota: Daily New Case Average Highest It’s Been Since December 2020
- 4,150 new coronavirus cases recorded in Vietnam
- Vietnam records 6,957 new coronavirus cases, 27,250 discharged patients
- As Japan Nears 1,000 Daily Coronavirus Infections, It Shies From Restrictions
- Vietnam records 5,477 new local Covid cases
- Vietnam records 18 deaths by dengue fever since beginning of 2021
Vietnam records daily coronavirus case count of 14,978 have 605 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.