Chairing a press conference in Hanoi on January 17, Son said it is the result of Vietnam's foreign policy of independence, self-reliance, multilateralization and diversification of ties; making responsible contributions to multilateral mechanisms, including the U.N. and firstly the UNSC.
Vietnam attaches importance to and wants to raise its voice to promote work at the UNSC in general for common benefits of the U.N. member states while contributing to maintaining global peace and security, he said.
He added that with the consistent motto "Partnership for sustainable peace," Vietnam joined the UNSC in an active, positive and responsible manner, proposed a number of initiatives to make practical contributions to the UNSC's work, upheld the council’s role in seeking solutions to preventing and dealing with conflicts and responding to challenges to global peace and security in line with the U.N. Charter and international law.
At the event, Son also highlighted 10 outstanding hallmarks made by Vietnam at the UNSC during the tenure, including promoting multilateral approach and consistently upholding international law and the U.N. Charter, seeking sustainable and comprehensive solutions to conflicts while stepping up humanitarian actions, protecting civilians in conflicts, directing the UNSC and international community's attention to long-term consequences of conflicts and wars on lives as well as national security and development.
He said Vietnam showed its own identity when joining the UNSC's work, namely promoting common consensus, cooperation and dialogue, and easing tension.
Experience earned during the 2008-2009 and 2020-2021 tenures at the UNSC together with major external activities laid a solid foundation for Vietnam to continue joining multilateral forums and international organizations within and out of the UN framework, he said.
In the immediate future, Vietnam will continue pushing forward its resolutions and initiatives at the UNSC as well as promote the effective operation of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) Group of Friends, he stressed.
- Divided EU foreign ministers meet to discuss Syria plan
- Iceland's Foreign Minister Says Nation Plans to Host Arctic Council Summit in 2020
- Vietnamese, Chinese deputy foreign ministers talk bilateral ties
- Russia Suggests US Extend New START for 5 Years or Less - Deputy Foreign Minister
- Confident of India becoming permanent member of UNSC: Jaishankar
- Confident of India Becoming Permanent Member of UNSC One Day: MEA S Jaishankar
- UNSC to Vote on Aleppo Evacuation's Facilitation Resolution
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
- Vietnam awaiting for UK court's decision to bring 39 lorry victims' bodies home
- Vietnam congratulates Laos on 44th National Day
- Middle East, African ambassadors hail economic cooperation with Vietnam
- Vietnam, China agree to rein in South China Sea conflicts
- Meet the UK 2019 connects Vietnam, UK together
- Friendship association helps strengthen Vietnam – RoK ties: PM
- Foreign Policy | Replacing dogma with more dogma
- Few at Foreign Office will mourn Boris Johnson’s departure
- China accused of mislabelling products ‘made in Vietnam’ to dodge Donald Trump’s tariffs
- Policy | Indian foreign policy’s changing calculus
- Washington surprised by Boris Johnson selection as UK foreign secretary
- Bolivian Minister Calls on Mexico to Withdraw Asylum From Former Top Officials - Reports
Vietnam has successful tenure at UNSC: Foreign Minister have 504 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.