Viet A Technology Corporation has been found to have imported three million rapid Covid-19 test kits named Novel Coronavirus 2019-nCoV Antigen Test (Colloidal Gold) from China at US$0.995, or VND21,560 per kit in the last four months of last year.
|A person holds a box containing test kits supplied by Viet A Technology Corporation. – Photo: VNA|
The General Department of Vietnam Customs on January 20 announced that between 2017 and 2021, Viet A spent some VND286 billion importing medical supplies and equipment, including VND64.68 billion worth of quick Covid test strips; VND74 billion worth of chemicals, reagents and other substances used in labs; VND23 billion worth of tools used in labs and VND123 billion worth of machines and equipment for the Covid testing and research in labs.
Viet A, whose general director is Phan Quoc Viet, has five branches. Viet was also director of 10 other companies but only Viet A specializes in the import and trade of medical equipment and supplies, laboratory reagents used in the seafood sector and accessories used in labs, the local media reported.
The General Department of Vietnam Customs also said it was coordinating with other competent agencies to look into seven enterprises involved in the case at Viet A, including Technical Import-Export Company (Technimex), Biomedic JSC, Vietnam Applied Biology And Technical JSC, Lan Oanh Scientific Equipment Co., Ltd, Viet Hoang Long Trading Co., Ltd, Vina Chemistry Biology Science Equipment Co., Ltd, and TBR Technology JSC.
At a meeting of the Central Steering Committee for Anti-Corruption on January 20, Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong required enhancing the investigation into the price gouging of Covid-19 test kits at Viet A and other cases in the healthcare sector and bringing these cases to court this year.
- The best DNA testing kits in 2020
- Listen: John Carney Says The Phase One Trade Deal Is A Test for China
- Two-hour test kit hailed as boon to HIV care in Africa
- What is the source of the new SARS-like disease reported in China?
- A new virus emerges in China
- China stays vigilant after more pneumonia cases were reported
- Viet Nam-China import-export turnover reaches $117 billion
- Việt Nam-China import-export turnover reaches $117 billion
- Friendship and cooperation – main theme of Việt Nam-China relations
- Việt Nam, China should develop stable ties together: Party official
- 'It's not a great birthday present': Australians aren't using the DIY bowel cancer test sent out to 50-year-olds
- Floodgates could open as Honda imports cars
- China GDP grew 6.1% in 2019, slowest in three decades
- Pharmaceutical stocks spike after China reports new coronavirus cases
- India initiates anti-dumping investigation on viscose spun yarn from Viet Nam
- Imports stuck at border gates due to new Chinese rules
- China Focus: China stays vigilant after more pneumonia cases were reported
- China reports 291 confirmed cases of new coronavirus-related pneumonia
- Now China's killer virus spreads to AMERICA: Man in his 30s is hospitalised as death toll from SARS-like coronavirus hits nine, cases reach 450 and health chiefs are poised to declare a worldwide public health EMERGENCY
- Foreign exchange rates likely to rise amidst US-China trade war
Viet A found to have imported Covid test kits from China have 489 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.