Prime Minister Boris Johnson wants to permanently revoke emergency coronavirus laws as Britain’s Covid-19 cases continue to fall, the report said, adding official guidance would remain but would not result in fines or legal punishment if ignored.
The plans will be worked up over the coming weeks, with an announcement expected as early as the spring, the report said.
Last week, Health Secretary Sajid Javid said Covid-19 self-isolation in England will be cut to five days from seven if someone tests negative twice.
Johnson is also set to lift Plan B Covid-19 restrictions, introduced last month to slow the spread of the Omicron variant, according to an earlier Telegraph report.
- Johnson leaps to defence of May critic as Tory Brexit infighting continues
- Scottish Tory leader Ruth Davidson challenges Theresa May to fund NHS and scrap migration targets
- Boris Johnson backs ANOTHER Brexit bridge which would cost billions
- UK 'knew US mistreated detainees'
- Davis draws up Irish 'buffer zone' plan to square Brexit customs circle
- Tommy Robinson jailed after breaking contempt of court laws with Facebook Live video
- Former Tory and Labour leaders urge PM to enshrine emissions target in law
- Africa: Is Food Self-Sufficiency Making a Comeback?
- Nigeria: JAMB Report Reveals States Leading in Law Admissions
- Boris Johnson backs Jacob Rees-Mogg after Brexiteer threatens to bring down Theresa May
- Uganda: Government Scraps Tax On Bibles, Korans
- South Africa: Schools Ignore the Law When Enforcing Payment of School Fees
- Nigerian Writer Shortlisted for UK's Biggest Literary Prize Fund
- Malawi: Government to Scale Up HIV Self-Testing
- Brexit pushed down agenda at EU summit as UK sticks to rejected plans
- Nigeria Working With UK to Deny, Revoke Treasury Looters' Visas
- Tunisia: Ways to Expand Tunisia-UK Co-Operation Discussed As FM Meets Alistair Burt
- Angolan Law On Holidays to Be Discussed in Parliament
- Watchet marina revamp plans approved
- 'Boris Johnson might finally resign as Theresa May prepares Brexit compromise'
UK's Johnson plans to scrap Covid-19 self-isolation law: The Telegraph have 297 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.