Tokyo (VNA) – Two Japanese have been appointed as Honourary Consuls General of Vietnam in Nagoya and Mie cities who pledged to do their utmost to developing Vietnam and its ties with Japan.
During a ceremony held on January 14, Vietnamese Ambassador to Japan Vu Hong Nam, on behalf of Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son, handed over the appointment decisions to the two Japan ese citizens.
Accordingly, Prof. Dr. Nagato Natsume is acting as Honorary Consul General of Vietnam in Nagoya for the second term. Moriyuki Taniguchi will hold the same position in Mie within the next three years.
Speaking at the event, Nam expressed his hope that the consuls general will help further expand the strategic partnership between Vietnam and Japan, and provide assistance for Vietnamese students in Japan and Japanese enterprises in the two cities to invest in Vietnam. He himself also vowed to offer the best support for the consuls general so that they can successfully fulfill their mission.
Natsume is Director of the Japanese Cleft Palate Foundation. The 65-year-old doctor has worked tirelessly to support Vietnamese children with cleft palate to receive life-changing surgeries since 1990 and transfer technologies in this field to Vietnamese doctors. As Honorary Consul of Vietnam in Nagoya, he contributed to establishing Aichi-Vietnam Friendship Association in April 2018.
He plans to found a research institute in Vietnam that will focus on not only medical studies but also other fields this April.
- HCM City backs reopening of Czech Consulate General
- Search for Khashoggi's remains focuses on consul general's house
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- Australia to boost trade ties with Vietnam through table grapes
- Australia-Vietnam forum increases capacity for female entrepreneurs
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- Japan supports Vietnam in education, health care projects
- Vietnam urged to appoint permanent representative to WMO
- Vietnam’s F&B - a magnet for foreign investors
- Experts say Vietnam demand for machinery to keep growing
- Vietnam's demand for machinery to keep growing
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- Vietnam, RoK step up technological application in garment
- Exhibition on Vietnam-India friendship opens in HCM City
- Asanzo Vietnam accused of business violations
- Global press impressed by Vietnam’s high votes at UNSC
- Man enriches Vietnamese meals with Japanese style tofu
- Asanzo Vietnam found to have committed different violations
- Former special ambassador for Vietnam-Japan honoured
Two Japanese appointed as honourary consuls general of Vietnam have 411 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.