They light incense at the graves, sum up the family's major events during the year for their ancestors and invite the dead back home to enjoy Tet.
Many families have come to Lac Hong Vien Cemetery in Hoa Binh City in the northern province of Hoa Binh for the ceremony earlier than usual to avoid the crowds in the coming days.
It took Pham Thi Nghiem's family in Ha Ba Trung District, Hanoi, more than an hour to the cemetery. Over the past six months, they have not been able to come to the ceremony due to being quarantined and social distancing measures.
People usually prepare offerings such as incense, fruits, sticky rice and Chung cakes for their ancestor worshipping on this occasion.
Nguyen Thanh Liem's family in Thanh Xuan District came to Lac Hong Vien Cemetery quite early to invite the ancestors to return home for Tet.
This also shows children and grandchildren's respect to their parents and their ancestors
- Hanoi streets colourful ahead of Tet
- Zero-VND mini supermarkets bring happy Tet for the poor in HCMC
- Peach blossoms: Enduring symbol of Tet holiday
- Abundant supply of Tet goods
- Dinh Bang peach blossom village gets busy ahead of Tet
- Covid travel advisory by provinces confuses people planning to head home for Tet
- Many HCMC workers to stay back for Tet holiday
- COVID-19 pall over Vietnam's pink incense village as Lunar New Year nears
- Airlines have something to cheer as Vietnam's biggest holiday nears
- There cannot be uranium mining forever in Kakadu: traditional owners
- ERA told: Clean up Ranger uranium mine and clear out
- Tet Festival 2022 opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- AP finds mass graves, latest evidence of Rohingya genocide in Myanmar
- City to ensure adequate supply of goods, steady prices during Tet
- To stop floods, Baton Rouge area needs a stronger agency cleaning rivers, bayous, report says
- Covid pall over Vietnam's pink incense village as Lunar New Year nears
- Nations explore clean-energy alternatives for remote communities
- Man dies after tinnie capsized in rough floodwaters as Maryborough community begins clean-up
- ‘Squeaky clean’ men who dated women with wild pasts from Liam Hemsworth & Miley Cyrus to James Middleton’s lads’ mag ex
- Pastor turns heads by blending tradition and irreverence
Traditional grave cleaning as Tet nears have 426 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.