The top legislator noted that in 2021, despite complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic in many localities, Vietnam carefully prepared for and successfully organised the 13th National Party Congress and the election of deputies to the 15th N.A. and all-level People's Councils in the 2021-2026 tenure.
Right in the first session of the 15th N.A., for the first time, the lawmakers debated and approved five-year plans, enabling the Government, sectors and localities to actively realise resolutions of the 13th National Party Congress and the N.A., which manifested the determination in reforming N.A. operations, he said.
Hue expressed his delight at the country's socio-economic development achievements, with political security and social order ensured, national defence, security sovereignty and border safeguarded, and foreign affairs deployed synchronously, comprehensively, flexibly, diversely and effectively, thereby contributing to the maintenance of a peaceful, stable and favourable environment for national development and the enhancement of relations with foreign partners, and enhancing the country's position in the international arena.
He said that the N.A. has completed a huge workload and coordinated with the Government and agencies in the political system to settle urgent issues to effectively implement the dual target of controlling COVID-19 and boosting socio-economic recovery, and creating a legal framework for the long-term growth of the nation.
According to the Chairman, in the first two plenary sessions, the N.A. completed its apparatus and adopted the plans for the 2021-2025 period, including the socio-economic development plan; the plan on national finance, capital borrowing and public debt payment; the plan on middle-term public investment; the investment policy for the National Target Programs on new-style rural area building and sustainable poverty reduction; and the economic restructuring plan.
Regarding the N.A.'s external affairs, he said that despite impacts of COVID-19, bilateral and multilateral parliamentary diplomatic activities still took place busily in both in-person and online formats with fruitful outcomes, spreading the message that Vietnam is always a responsible member of the international community.
The legislature actively conducted vaccine and economic diplomacy, while working to strengthen multilateral parliamentary cooperation to encourage countries and vaccine producers to prioritise global solutions such as transferring vaccine production technologies to competent countries, thus increasing COVID-19 vaccine sources, he stated.
The top legislator went on to affirm that the N.A. will ensure that the building and completion of the legal system will be put under the close direction of the Party, toward to the target for the people and humanitarian and humanity purposes, respecting and protecting human rights as well as the rights of citizens, democracy, equality, discipline and social order.
The N.A. will also collect more social feedback and increase people's supervision mechanism over the implementation of State power, he stressed.
Mentioning priorities of the N.A. in 2022, he said that the legislature convened an extraordinary session right at the beginning of the year to debate urgent matters that directly affect the country's recovery and development in the new normal, including a draft resolution on fiscal and monetary policies supporting the socio-economic recovery and development plan, and the investment policy for the eastern section of the North-South Expressway in the 2021-2025 period.
The N.A. and N.A. Standing Committee will be more active and work more closely with the Government and State agencies to create a synchronous and effective legal foundation for the completion of all plans and targets for 2022, while focusing on removing difficulties facing production and business activities and giving helpful support to people and enterprises, optimising opportunities to promote socio-economic development and maintain long-term growth motivations, ensuring macroeconomic stability and the resilience of the economy, enhancing the efficiency of law enforcement, paying more attention to cultural development and social welfare, and bettering external affairs, he stressed.
- India recommended as host for AFC Women's Asian Cup 2022
- Highlights: EU leaders squabble over bloc's budget for 2021-27
- Crossrail boss promises heavily-delayed route will partially open in summer 2021 with work finally completed in 2022 - four years after it was due to open
- Highlights: India unveils budget aimed at boosting incomes, spurring economic growth
- Legal Benefits of Using a Surrogacy Agency for LGBTQ Intended Parents and Others are Highlighted by New Utah Legislation, says Global Surrogacy Services
- Rajasthan budget 2020-21 highlights: Education sector gets over Rs 39,524 crore
- India awarded hosting rights of 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup
- India recommended as Women's Asian Cup 2022 host
- Highlights: Singapore unveils 2020/2021 budget proposals
- F1-circuit Melbourne mogelijk al voor GP van 2021 op de schop
- SpaceX to launch four private passengers into orbit around Earth by as soon as late 2021 thanks to partnership with space tourism company
- UPDATE 2-UBI aims to double profit by 2022 by cutting costs, loan losses
- UBI aims to double profit by 2022 by cutting costs, loan losses
- Highlights: Bank of England's Carney speaks about Brexit, technology and climate change
- Priority to greenery, sanitation: Minister
- AstraZeneca's CEO reaffirms 2021 targets
- 'Cybersecurity is CFOs' biggest priority'
- FIH Announce India as Hosts for Junior Men's World Cup 2021
- International Hockey Federation announce India as hosts for FIH Junior Men's World Cup 2021
- Ohio legislators announce plans for bill that would prohibit gender affirming care for transgender youth
Top legislator highlights N.A.'s performance in 2021, priorities for 2022 have 850 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.