The delegation also included Deputy Chief of the General Department of Political Affairs Lieutenant General Trinh Van Quyet, Deputy Chief of the General Staff Lieutenant General Nguyen Van Nghia, and Chief of the Military Region 5 (MR5) Command Lieutenant General Thai Dai Ngoc.
Visiting Song Tu Tay (Southwest Cay) Island, the delegation acknowledged the troops' and islanders' task performance over the past time. Reportedly, they well embraced and strictly implemented all resolutions, directives of the higher levels while overcoming difficulties to fulfill assigned missions, contributing to firmly protecting sovereignty over the national sea and islands. Especially, they also took part in search and rescue missions, and COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control, among others.
In Truong Sa townlet, the delegation offered incense at the monument for fallen soldiers and at President Ho Chi Minh Memorial House. They also inspected combat readiness of troops and inquired after troops and islanders.
Addressing the events, General Cuong applauded the troops and islanders' great efforts in task implementation, asking them to be well aware of the strategic position of the Truong Sa (Spratly) Islands in the cause of national construction and defense. The troops should ensure combat readiness and implement search and rescue missions to help fishermen working at sea.
In addition, units stationed in the areas were requested to strictly observe the State's law and military disciplines, well implement pandemic prevention and control regulations, and especially hold a happy and safe Tet for troops.
On behalf of the Central Military Commission and MND, General Cuong presented Tet gifts to the troops and people working and living on the islands and DK1 platforms. The MR5 Command also offered Tet gifts to households in the areas.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Festival in line for ‘rude’awakening
- White House National Security Adviser John Bolton and Bishop David Zubik
- 26 European Christmas markets you can fly to from Devon or Cornwall
- GTA's #ConnectWithKindness campaign wants to make social experience positive
- Top 10 things to do in Stockholm
- Democratic candidates lay out priorities at rotary forum
- Guam may be able to cash in on Trump's "opportunity zones"
- The Division 2: Ubisoft Reveals How They Settled On Washington D.C for Open-World sequel
- A life among foul-mouthed parrots and frisky snakes
Tet gifts brought to Truong Sa island district and DK1 platforms have 366 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.