SÓC TRĂNG – The Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta province of Sóc Trăng donated houses to 849 poor families on January 17.
Dương Sà Kha, chairman of the province Fatherland Front Committee, said the , steering committee for mobilising support to build houses for the poor launched a programme last April to raise funds to build houses in 2021- 22 and received more than VNĐ60 billion (US$2.6 million).
The steering committee is building 313 more now, finished 60 – 90 per cent of the work and expects to hand them over before Tết (the Lunar New Year) on February 1.
The People's Committee is soliciting donations to complete the target for the lunar year.
The province has a poverty rate of 6.6 per cent.
It is also carrying out other programmes to ensure poor and near-poor people and others covered by Government support programmes can celebrate Tết with joy.
It plans to give Tết gifts to seniors, children in especially difficult circumstances, poor and near-poor households, and beneficiaries of support policies, and has earmarked VNĐ21.4 billion ($940,000).
The province Fund for the Poor will spend another VNĐ1.6 billion ($70,000) to give gifts to poor and near-poor households.
The province has a large ethnic population, especially Khmer. – VNS
- “You’re 960th in queue”: Final Fantasy 14’s Shirogane housing is a disaster
- Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger goes free on Origin
- The Airmega purifier will cleanse your house of poor air after you burned dinner
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Poor Patch Management Makes CMSes Low-Hanging Fruit for Hackers
- The Best Japanese Indie Games You’ve Never Played – “The Witch’s House” Edition
- INDUSTRY ANALYSIS The White-Box Industry: Surviving on Poor Accounting?
- Buy Observer today and get Layers of Fear completely free
- Blast From the Past: Using an Antenna to Grab Free TV
- OPINION Why Free Apps Turn Me Off
- WEEKLY RECAP Would You Let Your Data Sleep Over at Google's House?
- This time, Dungeon Keeper really is free to play
- In-house tech lays foundation for mesmerizing teaser trailer
- Sci-fi horror Dead Space is currently free on PC
- An Giang welcomes 200,000 visitors in January
- Total War: Warhammer Vampire Counts guide
- Total War: Rome 2's third patch launches another attack on performance and AI issues
- Inside the Scorpio Engine: the processor architecture deep dive
- Dominions 4 diary part two: war elephants, hurricanes and fallen gods
- Game of Thrones diary part six: staying alive in Crusader Kings 2′s Westeros
- Here's the PC you can build for the price of the new iPhone X
Sóc Trăng Province's poor get free houses have 415 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.