He asked the VAE to uphold its crucial role in the campaign "All people care for, uphold role of the elderly," towards bringing healthy and happy lives to aged persons in their families and the society.
The leader suggested the sixth National Congress of the VAE discuss in depth how to implement policies for the elderly as mentioned in the Resolution adopted by the 13th National Party Congress.
He noted that the VAE needs to popularize the results of its Congress among the elderly and promptly grasp wishes and aspirations of the elderly, especially those in disadvantaged situation.
The VAE should strongly promote the role of senior citizens in building the Party and administrations, fighting corruption and negative behaviors, ensuring political security and social safety and order, he said, adding that it should also work closely with the Vietnam Fatherland Front and mass organizations to monitor the implementation of the Law on the Elderly, the National Action Program on the Elderly, and other policies for the elderly, as well as serve as a bridge between the Party and people.
Ministries, agencies and local authorities were urged to raise their sense of responsibility for caring for the elderly and direct the effective implementation of Party and State policies on the elderly in the cause of national construction and defense.
VAE Chairwoman Pham Thi Hai Chuyen said the VAE has so far grouped 9.7 million members with chapters in all townships and communes. The association’s patriotic emulation campaign drew millions of senior citizens and 650,000 members joined in social work at the grassroots level.
As many as 365,000 old persons nationwide were honored for their business successes. More than 3,000 self-help clubs led by the elderly made considerable contributions to poverty reduction. They also joined in combating social vices, protecting border areas and maintaining national cultural identity, she added.
- Foreign friends pay homage to former Party chief Đỗ Mười
- BOT chief hails launch of blockchain financial network
- Tianjin Party Secretary hails success of eco-city in meeting with DPM Teo
- On anniversary of China’s reforms, Xi doubles down on party power
- The Big Read: Opposition parties banding together — a grand plan or a last throw of the dice?
- Green leader hails electoral breakthrough in B.C. byelection
- Who's who: Winning party-lists and their representatives
- Rundown: Views of chief justice applicants on key issues
- Banks to offer fee-free accounts for the poor, elderly
- Thai junta chief decries coup conjecture as ‘fake news’
- Who's Who: The four vying to be the next chief justice
- North Korean State Media Hails Kim-Trump Summit Success
- Trump hails 'very positive' North Korea offer of talks
- Indonesian sprinter who trained barefoot hailed by nation after striking athletics gold
- Market hails proposed bank merger
- Indonesia to fix motorbike ride-hailing rates; may hurt Grab, Go-Jek
- Revisiting the party-list law
- Ukip given £25,000 by manufacturer of e-cigarettes which were later hailed as 'remarkable' by smoker Nigel Farage
- All hail Xi, China's 'Chairman of Everything'
- Democratic Action Party leader Lim Kit Siang hopes Malaysia moves away from race-based politics
Party chief hails elderly association for five-year achievements have 489 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.