According to the ministry’s report, 15,901 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 62 out of 63 localities in the country with five localities seeing the highest numbers including Hanoi (2,805), Danang (964), Hai Phong (796), Hung Yen (685), and Ben Tre (618). There were 34 imported cases confirmed the same day.
The new infections showed a decrease of 736 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 10,912 infections found in the community.
As of Friday evening, 2,104,196 infections had been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (512,422), Binh Duong (292,400), Hanoi (102,715), Dong Nai (99,581), and Tay Ninh (86,790). Vietnam has so far confirmed 133 Omicron-infected cases.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 2,110,737. The country now stands 28th among 224 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On January 21, an additional 2,256 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 1,797,180.
On Friday evening, a further 177 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 36,443. The high fatalities were reported in some localities including Hanoi (33), Dong Nai (21), HCM City (8), Soc Trang (14), Vinh Long (13), and Dong Thap (9).
Vietnam on January 20 administered 1.15 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 173.70 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 73.57 million people having received two doses.
- Fifth foot-and-mouth disease case confirmed in S. Korea
- 101 more A/H1N1 flu cases confirmed
- Nearly 12,000 dengue cases reported in Singapore
- Hanoi: over 16,000 trade fraud cases handled
- Foreigner confirmed as 5th Zika case in Vietnam
- WHO reports new Ebola case in DR Congo, vaccine this week
- WHO confirms DR Congo Ebola-free status
- Vietnam confirms two more Zika patients: Health Ministry
- Nearly 200 new A/H1N1 cases reported
- Bird flu cases revive fear of repeat of major 2015 outbreak DTiNews
- Vietnam to expand investigation in major corruption cases: Party chief
- Nearly 170 new A/H1N1 cases reported
- Weekly press digest - October 13-19
- No new H1N1 cases in Lao Cai since May 3
- First suspected cases of flu infection in quarantine
- DR Congo confirms first Ebola cases
- Senegal confirms first Ebola case as outbreak hits 5th W African country
- Pakistan confirms bird flu; Egyptian in hospital
- Strauss-Kahn case in jeopardy: New York Times
- Thailand confirms first Zika-linked microcephaly in Southeast Asia
Nearly 16,000 Covid-19 cases confirmed on Friday have 403 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.