According to Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long, more than 20 countries have started giving Covid-19 vaccines to children aged between 5-11 but WHO has not made any official recommendations on vaccination for this age group.
“We're continuing to discuss with experts at the WHO on giving Covid-19 vaccines to children aged between 5-11,” the minister said. “There are around 11 million children in this age group in our country.”
Earlier, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh instructed the health ministry to closely watch and follow Covid-19 vaccination programmes for children aged 5 and above from other countries so that schools can reopen for on-site classes.
“The vaccination plan for children aged 5-11 needs to be based on experiences of other countries to ensure its safety and effectiveness,” the PM stressed.
Vietnam began vaccinating children aged 12-17 against Covid-19 from last November. So far the country has administered more than 15.3 million Covid-19 vaccine doses for children in this age group.
- Full influenza vaccination among children cuts hospitalization in half: study
- N.J. Parents Come Out In Force To Protest Controversial Vaccination Bill
- Full Flu Vaccination Cuts Child Hospitalisations in Half
- New Survey Shows Increasing Number of Young Parents Don’t Support Vaccination
- 52 lakh children in State to be given polio vaccine
- Children could be BANNED from heading footballs in Scotland over fears the repeated blows may lead to dementia
- Vaccine prevents deadly meningitis B in infants
- New HPV Vaccination Recommendations Released
- What 11 Billion People Mean for Disease Outbreaks
- New Guidelines for Whooping Cough and Polio Vaccines Announced
- Infant deaths: A bleak winter for Kota’s children
- Country Gears up for Pulse Polio Drive on Sunday, Lakhs of Children to be Immunized
- Pulse Polio Drive Today: Country Gears up for Immunization of Lakhs of Children
- Whooping Cough Vaccine Endorsed for Pregnant Women
- Samoa measles outbreak: 100 new cases as anti-vaccination activist charged
- Star Wars fan, 11, who lost his legs and one of his hands to meningitis gets a £10,000 R2-D2-themed bionic arm
- 98.5% children in city and 98% in rural areas covered under pulse polio campaign
- Bedtime! Finland's Married Children Trigger International Concern
- Childhood sweethearts who shared their first kiss aged five rekindle their romance 36 years later after bumping into each other in Tesco
- Young Brits spending millions every year on in-app purchases or video game extras
Ministry proposes Covid-19 vaccine purchase for children aged 5-11 have 390 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.