An Giang (VNA) – A seminar was held in An Giang province on January 20 to promote trade and investment between the US and the Mekong Delta localities.
The event was hosted by the People's Committee of An Giang, US Consulate General in HCM City's Trade Office, and the Ministry of Planning and Investment's Investment Promotion Centre for the south.
In his remarks, Vice Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Tran Anh Thu said An Giang is part of the regional key economic zone which has seen strong growth in fishery exports and maintained a leading position nationwide in production of rice and tra fish as well as the maritime economy.
The zone is witnessing strong capital flows into infrastructure development, logistics services and others. However, foreign investment into these sectors still lags behind those in the nearby region, Thu said, noting that although agricultural and fishery products from the Mekong Delta have found their way into the US market, trade between the US and the Vietnamese region remains limited.
During the event, the US Trade Office briefed the regional businesses on investment programme SelectUSA, and SelectUSA Investment Summit to be held in National Harbour, the state of Maryland in June 2022./.
- Mekong Delta farmers urged to link up with global value chains
- Efforts under way to develop waterway transport infrastructure in Mekong Delta
- Organic farmers reap fruit of investment due to growing demand
- Tra Vinh Province moves ahead with industry promotion activities
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 17
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 11
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 12
- Bright future ahead for Phu Quoc City: official
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 14
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 14
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 15
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 15
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 16
- New economic priorities for a new year
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 16
- Vietnam makes a big push into renewable energy
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 18
- Ca Mau breaks ground on big-ticket wind power project
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 18
- BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 19
Mekong Delta localities promote investment, trade with US have 409 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.