The list of 19 newly recognised national intangible cultural heritages was divided into various types including traditional festivals, social practices and beliefs, handicraft, folk knowledge and traditional performing arts.
The craft of making fish sauce and rice paper in the southern province of Phu Yen, and the art of decorating traditional clothes of the Black Lo Lo ethnic minority are among new national intangible cultural heritages that have been recognised by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
|A mud ball wrestling festival in Van Village, Viet Yen District, Bac Giang Province. Photo vietyen.bacgiang.gov.vn|
The list of 19 newly recognised national intangible cultural heritages was divided into various types including traditional festivals, social practices and beliefs, handicraft, folk knowledge and traditional performing arts. They include:
1. A mud ball wrestling festival in Van Village, Viet Yen District, Bac Giang Province.
2. Tien Luc Festival in Tien Luc Commune, Lang Giang District, Bac Giang Province.
3. Ky Yen Festival in Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province.
4. Dinh Thay Thim Festival in Tan Tien Commune, La Gi Town, Binh Thuan Province.
5. New-rice festival of Xinh Mun ethnic group in Chieng So Commune, Dien Bien Dong District, Dien Bien Province.
6. Khen (panpipe) art of the Mong ethnic group in Dien Bien.
7. Rain-praying ritual of the ethnic Dao in Bac Me District, Ha Giang Province
8. Peace-praying ritual of the Giay in Ha Giang.
9. The art of decorating traditional costumes of the Black Lo Lo in Lung Cu Commune, Dong Van District, Ha Giang.
|A Black Lo Lo woman in traditional costume. Photo vhttcs.org.vn|
10. Rain-praying ritual in Lac Hong Commune, Van Lam District, Hung Yen Province.
11. Xam (blind busker singing) in Yen Mo District and Kim Son District in Ninh Binh City, Ninh Binh Province.
12. Binh Hai Village Festival, Yen Nhan Commune, Yen Mo District, Ninh Binh.
13. Hung Lo Communal House Festival, Hung Lo Commune, Viet Tri City, Phu Tho Province.
14. Van Luong Temple Festival, Viet Tri City, Phu Tho.
15. The craft of making fish sauce in Phu Yen Province.
16. The craft of making rice paper in Phu Yen.
17. Boat racing festival on Nhat Le River, Quang Ninh District and Dong Hoi City, Quang Binh Province.
|Long boat racing festival on the Nhat Le River in Quang Binh Province. VNA/VNS Photo Duc Tho|
18. Long boat racing festival of the ethnic Khmer in Thanh Tri, Chau Thanh and My Xuyen districts, Soc Trang Province.
19. The art of making vegetarian food in Go Dau, Trang Bang, Tan Chau, Duong Minh Chau districts, Hoa Thanh Town, Tay Ninh City, Tay Ninh Province.
New special national relics
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam recently signed a decision to recognise five relic sites as special national heritage.
They include the Tay Son Thuong Dao historical relic complex in Kbang and Kong Chro districts of the Central Highlands province of Gia Lai; the President Ho Chi Minh memorial site on Co To Island of Quang Ninh Province; and the Vietnam-Laos revolutionary historical relic site in Yen Chau District of the northern province of Son La.
|President Ho Chi Minh memorial site on Co To Island of Quang Ninh Province. Photo coto.gov.vn|
The 1015 (Charlie/Sac Ly) and 1049 (Delta) high points in Sa Thay and Dak To districts of the Central Highlands province of Kon Tum were added to the Dak To–Tan Canh Victory special national relic site.
Thang Long Tu Tran (the four guard buildings) in Hanoi, which are the four sacred temples of Bach Ma (White Horse) in the east, Voi Phuc (Kneeling Elephant) in the west, Kim Lien (Golden Lotus) in the south, and Quan Thanh in the north, was also named in the list.
Source: Vietnam News
- China to advance intangible cultural heritage workshops for poverty alleviation
- Promoting cultural heritage values while developing tourism
- Ministry helps protect traditional cultural heritages
- Condemn Trump’s threat to Iran’s cultural heritage
- Jurassic dinosaur footprints are spotted in stone paving at a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site in North China 40 years after it was first laid
- Mass. college fires professor who joked that Iran should list 52 U.S. cultural sites to bomb
- Former AFP chief to lead new national bushfire recovery agency
- Our cultural heritage is key to national devt — Ogbonna
- Opinion: Destroying cultural heritage sites is a war crime
- Top 10 culture, sports, tourism events in 2019
- 10 remarkable culture, sports and tourism events in 2019 announced
- Lao Cai: From colorful cultural picture to different types of tourism
- Ministry announces ten notable events in culture, sports and tourism
- Ten notable events in culture, sports and tourism announced
- Cultural activities to be held in China's impoverished areas during festivals
- Mu Cang Chai terraced fields recognized as Special National Relic
- Exhibition puts Foshan culture in spotlight
- Iron painting is reshaped for a new era
- Top 10 cultural, sporting, tourism events in 2019
- President launches Spring festival in ethnic cultural village
List of new national intangible cultural heritages and relics announced have 789 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.