During the first phase of the pilot program, from January to March, foreigners and Vietnamese abroad will be able to enter Vietnam when they present vaccine passports or certificates of full vaccination against the COVID-19 pandemic, recognised by Vietnamese competent agencies, with the last shot given at least 14 days and no more than 12 months before departure.
Those who have a certificate proving that they have recovered from COVID-19 within six months before departure will also be eligible to enter the country.
Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated children less than 18 years old can come with their parents, guardians, and caregivers who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from the coronavirus disease.
Other conditions include having negative results for SARS-CoV-2 test by RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method within 72 hours before entry and certified by the authority of the country conducting the test, having medical or travel insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment with a minimum liability of 50,000 USD, and joining package tours offered by travel firms.
In the second phase, which will begin in April, the door will be open for those aged from 18 to 65 who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated apart from individuals that satisfy requirements set in the first phase.
Nguyen Thi Anh Hoa, Director of the municipal Tourism Department, said the sector has made preparations for the implementation of the pilot program in terms of registration, visa grant and temporary residence certification, while offering necessary advice to tourists before their boarding or entry.
Notably, the sector has set up a hotline to deal with medical incidents emerging during the implementation, she added.
- Da Nang city ready for international fireworks festival
- HCM City ties up with VN-focused Hong Kong tourism site
- HCM City keen on boosting partnership with Singapore
- HCM City, UK partner in building smart urban
- Colourful HCM City street attracts young people ahead of Mid-Autumn Festival
- First commune-level clinic with 17 specialist doctors in HCM City
- HCM City votes on “100 exciting things”
- Vietnam Airlines open new route linking Ha Noi and HCM City with Shenzhen
- ICA-AP regional workshop for managers opens in HCM City
- Japan’s martial arts to go on show in HCM City
- HCM City, Hà Nội take first steps to schools autonomy
- HCM City’s District 5 releases travel guidebook
- Int’l Guitar Festival to open in HCM City
- Japan’s Aichi prefecture wants to join high way project in HCM City
- Vietnam National University-HCM City, a pioneer in AI research
- HCM City hosts Asia Pacific Career Development Association forum
- 19 people rescued from hotel fire in HCM City
- Vietnam ICT COMM and Telefilm 2019 opens in HCM City
- HCM City to host “One Commune, One Product” int’l fair
- City hosts meet for consumer co-op heads
HCM City ready to welcome back international visitors have 430 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 6, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.