Son's January 19-20 visit is made at the invitation of his Cambodian counterpart Prak Sokhonn.
Welcoming the Vietnamese diplomat on the first days of the Cambodia – Vietnam Friendship Year 2022, PM Hun Sen expressed his delight at the positive and comprehensive development of the two countries' relations in all fields, from politics, security, defense to education-training, culture, science-technology, people-to-people exchange and cooperation between people living the shared border.
He also emphasised that the two Foreign Ministers must coordinate well to organize celebrations of the friendship year and the 55th anniversary of the two countries' diplomatic ties.
Son, for his part, reaffirmed Vietnam supports Cambodia in its role as Chair of ASEAN in 2022 and stands ready to join Cambodia and other member states to accelerate the implementation of the grouping's agenda, particularly the five-point consensus on Myanmar.
He conveyed greetings and reiterated the invitations of Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and other Vietnamese leaders to PM Hun Sen to visit Vietnam in 2022.
Shortly after the meeting with the host’s Government leader, Son held talks with Cambodian Deputy PM and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Prak Sakhonn during which both sides said they are happy to see the growing ties between the two countries' ministries, agencies, localities and people. Despite COVID-19 impacts, the bilateral trade surged nearly 80 percent to reach 10 billion USD last year.
In 2021, Vietnamese companies poured more than 88.9 million USD in four new projects in Cambodia. This raised Vietnam's total investment to over 2.84 billion USD, making it one of the five largest foreign investors in the neighboring country.
The two FMs agreed to strengthen cooperation and actively enforce agreements reached by both countries' leaders on land border demarcation and marker planting.
Son also underscored the importance of maintaining peace, security and stability as well as freedom of navigation and aviation security in the region, saying that disputes must be settled via peaceful negotiations on the basis of international law and the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) 1982. It is necessary to push for talks to finalize a Code of Conduct in the East Sea, or South China Sea, (COC), he said.
Later the same day, the Vietnamese FM paid courtesy calls to Cambodia's President of Senate Samdech Say Chhum and President of the National Assembly Samdech Heng Samrin, and presented gifts to pandemic-hit Vietnamese people in Cambodia on the occasion of Tet, Vietnam's traditional lunar New Year holiday.
- Asked Which Nations Supporting PM Khan on Kashmir, Pak Foreign Minister Loses Cool in Talk Show
- Vietnam deputy foreign minister in UK to facilitate identification of trafficking victims
- Pakistani UN Envoy Trolled for Calling Boris Johnson British 'Foreign Minister'
- Iran Foreign Minister Zarif to Trump Administration: 'Make Up Your Mind'
- Steele’s Back Channel To Democratic Senator Was Lobbyist For Russia’s Foreign Minister
- Boris Johnson: Read the UK foreign minister's resignation letter in full
- African Energy Chamber, oil executives pay courtesy visit to President Macky Sall
- Thank you for covering up our PM’s incompetence: Rahul Gandhi tells S Jaishankar
- PM arrives in Bangkok for 35th ASEAN Summit
- Deputy PM receives UK Minister of State
- Deputy PM, FM Minh underlines strategic significance of ASEAN solidarity, unity at regional meetings
- Vietnam, Cambodia promote cooperation in religious affairs
- Australian filmmaker, 68, who campaigned for child sex offender to be released is arrested and accused of spying in Cambodia after using a drone
- Vietnam’s brocade products need to be promoted, positioned: PM
- PM wraps up Thailand trip for ASEAN summits
- Chinese premier ‘ready to work’ with Australia amid trade and tense talks for PM in Thailand
- Sudan needs $10 billion in foreign aid to rebuild economy, new PM says
- Luxembourg PM tells Britain: either you're in the EU or you're not
- PM asks to cut above-the-line expenditures in ODA projects
- Divide and conquer: PM Johnson launches high-risk election strategy
Foreign Minister pays courtesy call on Cambodia PM have 637 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 26, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.