ĐỒNG NAI – The southern province of Đồng Nai plans to build or widen three roads linking the under-construction Long Thành International Airport at a cost of VNĐ19.6 trillion (US$858 million).
Provincial Roads 770B and 769 will be upgraded and extended and a new road will be built from industrial parks to Cái Mép – Thị Vãi Port passing through the airport.
The 53-km 770B will be widened to have eight lanes and connect Định Quán, Thống Nhất and Cẩm Mỹ districts and Long Khánh Town with the airport, and its construction has begun.
The proposed new road, besides improving airport connectivity, will also enable transport of goods from industrial parks to Cái Mép – Thị Vãi Port, and also ease the load on the crowded National Highway 20 and Provincial Road 769, especially in Dầu Giây Town.
It is estimated to cost VNĐ12.5 trillion, including VNĐ7.5 trillion to acquire lands and relocate people.
Provincial Road 773 will be extended and widened to more than 51km and six to eight lanes at a cost of VNĐ5.5 trillion and connect Xuân Lộc and Cẩm Mỹ districts with the airport.
According to the provincial Department of Transport, the three will be among those prioritised in the next five years.
The need for road connectivity in Đồng Nai Province has become urgent since the airport will open in 2025.
Work to acquire lands, draw up feasibility reports and organise bids to choose contractors for the three projects is underway so that construction could begin in early 2023.
Long Thành International Airport is designed to have a capacity of 100 million passengers and five million tonnes of cargo a year by 2040. – VNS
- Dong Nai targets return to normalcy by mid-October
- Dong Nai to ease social distancing from September 20
- Thousands to be relocated to avoid Covid-19 in Dong Nai
- Dong Nai asked to speed up ground clearance for Long Thanh aiport project
- Dong Nai puts into use largest temporary COVID-19 treatment hospital
- Roadmap to 'new normal' state to be issued before September 15
- Vietnam reports 10,508 new coronavirus cases in 33 provinces, cities
- Vietnam documents 12,026 new coronavirus cases
- Vietnam health ministry announces 10,585 new coronavirus cases
- Vietnam records 10,040 new coronavirus cases
- Vietnam records 11,687 new coronavirus patients
- 11,527 new COVID-19 cases recorded in 35 provinces, cities in Vietnam
- Vietnam health ministry documents 8,537 new coronavirus patients
- Vietnam reports 11,521 new Covid-19 cases, 667,650 in total - Ho Chi Minh City still highest with 5,972 infections
- Vietnam moves to fast-track site clearance for Long Thanh International Airport
- New Covid-19 infections fall
- Some cities reopen beaches, restaurants under new rules
- Additional 12,523 Covid-19 patients recover, new infections fall
- Additional 12,751 Covid-19 patients recover, new infections rise
- Vietnam reports 11,692 new Covid-19 cases on Tuesday
Đồng Nai Province to spend $858 on roads to new airport have 454 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.