Originally launched as a section of TIFF in 2014, Crosscut Asia showcased diverse Asian cinema with a focus on specific Asian countries, directors, or themes for six years until 2019. It now returns in a special online version with two programs, Crosscut Asia special edition featuring “delicious” films from Asia, and Encore! Crosscut Asia streaming a total of thirteen titles for free.
The film festival is themed around food. The Crosscut Asia special edition featuring “delicious” films from Asia section features seven films, including “Wanton Mee”, by Singaporean director Eric Khoo, whose films are screened regularly at international film festivals, Jay Abello’s romantic comedy “Namets! (Yummy!)”, which showcases the visually delightful cuisine of the Philippine island of Negros, and “Aruna & Her Palate”, an Indonesian food-themed road movie by Edwin, the acclaimed director who won the Golden Leopard at the 2021 Locarno International Film Festival.
Encore! Crosscut Asia brings together a selection of 13 films that attracted great acclaim when previously screened at the Crosscut Asia section at TIFF.
All movies will be presented with Japanese, English and Vietnamese subtitles.
By Hai Duy – Translated by Kim Khanh
- IFFI 2019: The 50th International Film Festival of India to screen new Asian Films in 'Soul of Asia'
- Vietnamese films to be introduced at Busan film festival
- Head of Berlinale on the film festival's most unforgettable moments
- Cannes: 10 things to know about the world's most important film festival
- 37th Munich Film Festival: The power of reality
- All the Cool Films Premiering at This Year's Sundance Film Festival
- Horror high: 32nd Tokyo film festival unveils a new brand of Asia’s scariest movies
- Nizhalkkuthu to open Fukuoka film festival
- Russian Film Festival Comes to a Close in India
- Penelope Cruz wows in a flared white pantsuit with matching bustier as she attends photocall for Wasp Network at the San Sebastian Film Festival
- AMAZING FILMS, coming up!
- Vietnamese actress joins jury of New York Asian film fest
- Silent films that speak volumes: A Weimar cinema retrospective
- Guwahati international film fest kicks off, to screen 100 movies from 65 nations
- Film 'A Silent Revolution' features Saudi women who went straight to the top
- Apple CEO Tim Cook attacks Steve Jobs films as 'opportunistic'
- Pun Intended: Bollywood's 'Khiladi' Akshay Kumar Jokes About New Movie's Mediocre Opening
- The emotional thriller Searching proves good computer-screen movies aren’t a fluke
- Ittymaani Made In China Full Movie Leaked Online By Tamilrockers: Mohanlal Fans Shocked!
- Crazy Rich Asians and the Asian American Psyche, Part I
Crosscut Asia Delicious! Online Film Festival presents Asian movies have 392 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.