|Planned layout of Dien Bien Phu’s airport. Source: ACV|
The investor of Dien Bien Phu Airport is Airport Corporation of Vietnam. With the total investment capital of over $67 million, the construction will last 30 months towards the end of 2023.
Once completed, the airport will be able to handle A320 and A321 aircraft and about 500,000 passengers per year. The airport, 500 kilometres to the west of Hanoi, will be the only commercial airport in the northwestern region of Vietnam.
The airport will contribute to boosting the investment capital inflow to the province and promoting socioeconomic development.
Le Thanh Do, chairman of Dien Bien People's Committee said, "In recent years, many large-scale groups, such as Vingroup, FLC, TH True Milk, and Flamingo, surveyed the investment opportunities for tourism, agriculture, and real estate in the province. However, their plans will be halted until the airport is finished."
Dien Bien is expected to have the potential for tourism development because it is located on the national tourism route connecting Hanoi, Hoa Binh, Son La, Dien Bien, Lai Chau, Sapa, and Lao Cai.
By Oanh Nguyen
- Dien Bien: 340kg bomb deactivated
- Construction of resettlement of Long Thanh airport to start in April
- Airport funding plans on the way
- Centre backtracks on installing advanced landing system at Chandigarh International Airport
- Vietnam adopts measures for COVID-19 prevention
- General Vo Nguyen Giap obituary
- HCMC to build 11 footbridges connecting with metro stations
- HCM City authorities, property developers discuss solutions to problems plaguing market
- Ho Chi Minh City real estate developers urge solutions for breakthough
- Saigon tickled pink as trumpet flowers enter bloom
- Formula 1 model cars to be paraded on Hanoi streets
- HCMC’s night-time cargo transport plan unnerves truckers
- Military Hospital 354 honored with second-class Fatherland Protection Order
- Large bomb successfully detonated
- MND reviews preparations for ADMM Retreat
- Vietnamese man devotes life to making traditional masks despite their waning popularity
- All cities and provinces complete 2020 recruitment drive
- 2015: Year of M&A activity in the property market
- It’s Time to Relax About LAX-it
- Tourism authority suggests solutions for slump caused by epidemic
Construction of Dien Bien Phu Airport kicked off have 327 words, post on vir.com.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.